Wednesday, October 9, 2019

IDOLiSH7: [Linked Feelings] Sougo RabiTV

i7 remains an absolute unmitigated disaster

IDOLiSH7 x Tales of Link collab
[Linked Feelings] Sougo Ohsaka: Parts 1-3


1. Sougo as Asbel

Sougo: ...Always acts in a straightforward way, cares deeply about his friends, and is compassionate…
Sougo: He's the eldest son of Aston, Lord of Lhant, and has a younger brother, Hubert…
Sougo: Asbel-san sounds like a proper young man…

[clack]
Sougo: Oh, Riku-kun.
Riku: Sougo-san!
Sougo: Are you the only one here?
Riku: Yeah! You're studying Tales of, right?
Sougo: Yeah. I'm reading about Asbel-san.
Riku: What's Asbel like?
Sougo: Umm, he's the son of a lord and has an intelligent younger brother named Hubert.
Riku: Ohh, so then you'll be a big brother!
Sougo: Is that how it works…? I don't have any siblings, so I don't know if I can play Asbel-san properly, but I'll do my best.
Riku: Then try treating me as your little brother!
Sougo: Eh!? You!?
Riku: You might need it for your performance!
Sougo: Maybe… all right. I'll try it.
Sougo: ...Riku-kun. I thought I'd make curry for today's dinner. How does that sound?
Riku: We don't sound like brothers if you use "kun"! Minus one point!
Sougo: You're grading me!?
Riku: Yeah! I want curry!
Sougo: Okay, Riku. Um, then are you okay with the usual flavor?
Sougo: I've picked up some good spices lately.
Riku: Ooh, minus ten points…
Sougo: Eh…
Riku: Asbel loves mild curry! It says so right here! You need to keep Asbel in mind.
Sougo: Oh no…! So I should think about Asbel while I act like a big brother.
Riku: You'll turn this around! Let's make mild curry, Sougo-san!
Sougo: Okay!
[click]
Tamaki: I'm home.
Tamaki: ...whoa, Sou-chan's making curry but it's not red at all!
Sougo: Welcome back, Tamaki-kun.
Sougo: Riku-kun is teaching me how to act like Asbel-san and like a big brother.
Tamaki: Hmm…
Tamaki: (Good job, Rikkun.)
Riku: (Leave it to me, Tamaki!)
Sougo: Is it all right to add just a little spice to mild curry?
Tamaki: That's not a little, Sou-chan!
Sougo: Huh?
[clack]
Tamaki: Ah! It's overflowing with spicy…
Riku: That's a huge lump…
Story 1 End



2. Talking with Iori and Mitsuki

Mitsuki: Hm hm hm ‎♪ Hm hm hmm hm hm hm ‎♪
[click]
Sougo: Good morning, Mitsuki-san.
Mitsuki: Ahh! M-morning, Sougo.
Mitsuki: … Did you hear that...?
Sougo: Hear what?
Mitsuki: No, if you didn't hear anything…
Sougo: You mean when you were humming No Doubt?
Mitsuki: So you did hear!
Sougo: I like that song too. Momo-san is really cool in the MV…
Mitsuki: Right!? He's always so bright and cheerful, but he plays the villain really well…
Mitsuki: Wait, hang on! ...don't tell anyone about that.
Sougo: Eh…? By "that," you mean when you were acting out Momo-san's part?
Mitsuki: You saw that too!?
Sougo: I'm sorry for watching…
[click]
Iori: Good morning, nii-san, Ohsaka-san.
Mitsuki: I-Iori…!
Iori: …? What is it? What an awkward atmosphere.
Sougo: ...ah, um, Mitsuki-san and I were just pretending to be from Tales of
Iori: Pretending…?
Sougo: Right. I wanted to get into my role, so I dragged Mitsuki-san in thoughtlessly…
Mitsuki: (It's your excuse that's thoughtless here!)
Iori: What kind of pretend?
Sougo: I was Asbel-san and Mitsuki-san was playing Sophie-san. We were having a conversation…
Iori: Nii-san as Sophie would be really cu--
Iori: Ahem. ...so that's why it was so awkward.
Sougo: Right.
Mitsuki: (Sougo, sorry for making you tell such a weird lie…!)
Mitsuki: Y-You want to join in, Iori?
Iori: Eh, me? What kind of role would I…
Mitsuki: Well… maybe Mieu!
Iori: Wha…!? Why am I the only Tales of the Abyss character!?
Mitsuki: I thought it would be cute!
Sougo: Haha. I want to see you as Mieu too.
Iori: Stop it! I don't need to be cute. Anyway, Nii-san would be better…
Mitsuki: ...you don't want to?
Iori: ...ugh! J-just this once!
Sougo: That's great.
Iori: ...I'm Mieu… mieu...
[click]
Riku: Iori! What did you just say!?
Iori: Nanase-san!? Why do you always have such bad timing!?
Riku: Why are you mad the moment you see me!?
Sougo: ...I'm sorry, Mitsuki-san… It's because I made up a strange story…
Mitsuki: No, I'm the one who's sorry, Sougo… to Iori too…
Story 2 End



3. PV Shoot Behind the Scenes ~Sougo Side~

Sougo: The scene Kujou-san just shot was really cool…!
Mitsuki: Right!? Kujou's really good at that kind of role.
Riku: Huh, what!? Are you talking about Tenn-nii?
Sougo: That's right. He was acting cold but still had traces of innocence about him, just like Leon-san…
Sougo: I think only Kujou-san could've pulled it off.
Riku: I know! Tenn-nii is so cool!
Riku: If I was playing Leon…
Iori: You would attack your allies instead of your enemies.
Riku: Wh… what was that, Iori!? Of course I wouldn't!
Iori: I wonder. You're good at reading and writing but hopeless at everything else.
Riku: ...you really piss me off!
Nagi: Iori is burning his jealousy. [1]
Iori: I am not…!
Tamaki: I thought Yukirin was cool.
Yamato: Why?
Tamaki: Hmm. He went like, fwoosh. Shiiine.
Riku: Really? Wasn't it more like, thump, bam?
Tamaki: Yeah. He did that too. You get it.
Yamato: Sorry. I don't get it at all.
Nagi: Tamaki and Riku can communicate in sound effects.
Yamato: Stop looking like you want to do it too.
Mitsuki: Anyway, everyone did great! Fantasy clothes are really flashy.
Sougo: That's right. And they're made completely differently from our normal costumes. I was surprised.
Tamaki: I didn't know how to put on armor or anything.
Sougo: Ahaha, I see. But it looks good on you, Tamaki-kun.
Tamaki: Yeah. You'd be good too without that sword.
Sougo: Thank you…?
Iori: Our break is almost over, everyone. Please get ready.
[knock knock]
[click]
Momo: Hey there, IDOLiSH7! Do you have a second?
Nagi: OH, Mister Momo. What is it?
Momo: Oh, Nagi! You were really great back there! You looked super flashy but were actually really gentlemanly. It was like Zelos come to life!
Nagi: Haha. I'm ready and willing.
Yamato: That's not what that means, Nagi. ...so why are you here, and with Yuki-san?
Yuki: Hey, Yamato-kun. Can you tell a joke?
Yamato: Huh?
Yuki: "Keele is keeling over." Like that.
Riku: Ahaha! What's that supposed to mean? That's hilarious!
Mitsuki: Seriously?
Momo: We got kind of bored during our break, so we figured we'd play a game where we made puns on our names!
Momo: I'll buy you apple peach juice if you make Yuki laugh!
Iori: I don't want to…
Momo: Pick who'll do it!
Yuki: I'm ready to laugh.
Sougo: We're being forced to participate…
Tamaki: Older celebrities are scary.
Yamato: ...we'll do rock-paper-scissors.
Mitsuki: Yeah. The one who loses has to play Re:vale's game.
Sougo: I-I'm getting nervous…
Everyone: First is rock!
Everyone: Rock, paper, scissors! [2]
Sougo: ...huh!?
Nagi: OH, Sougo is the only loser in our seven-person game!
Yamato: But I'm surprised six people threw rock...
Iori: It seems like there's a higher probability people will pick rock on the first round.
Yuki: Give me your best joke, Sougo-kun.
Momo: So it'll be Sougo! I have weirdly high hopes for you
Tamaki: Don't worry, Sou-chan.
Sougo: Ooh… all right, I'll do it…
Sougo: ...A…
Members: A…?
Sougo: Asbel puts his initials on all his belongings. One day he drops one of them...
Sougo: "Who does this belong to?" "It's A's bell!" [3]
Tamaki: The end.
Mitsuki: Wasn't the leadup too long!?
Yuki: ...hehe…
Momo: Ahh! Contestant Yuki is doing his best to hold back laughter!
Mitsuki: Seriously!?
Riku: Contestant Sougo is taking damage from his embarrassment!
Tamaki: Contestant Sou-chan! ...someone cast First Aid!
Iori: ...Please let our break be over…
Story 3 End



[1] as far as I can tell, Nagi is confusing how to say "be jealous"?

[2] not typically our starting line for rock-paper-scissors in English, but that's how it goes in Japanese, so.

[3] we've talked about how much I hate translating puns, right. here's the original.

Sougo: Asbel is walking down the street and there's a banana peel on the ground. He doesn't manage to avoid it…
Sougo: And so he trips. "Ah! I'm slipping!"

the pun is on "Asbel" (asuberu) and "ah! I'm slipping!" (a! suberu!). I'M TRYING OKAY. the most important thing is that my attempt is approximately as good(?).

No comments:

Post a Comment