Sunday, January 5, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.4.03 - Barracks ~Demon of the Circle~, Start

even after playing through all of Vesperia, I still don't know if Yuri is right-handed or left-handed or what

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 4: The Grasping Darkness
Scene 3: Barracks ~Demon of the Circle~, Start
raw video link here!


Zephyr: Sesque… you…
I'm no idiot. I know what's just happened.
He was working for the other side. That's all there is to it.
Sara: Yuri! Are you okay?
At Sara's question, Yuri stands and answers.
He took the brunt of the unexpected attack, but knowing him, he should be fine.
But when Yuri stands and turns to look at us, his expression is bitter.
Yuri: Well… I can move my body…
Yuri: But look, he did something to me…
Yuri: ...I can't move my left arm.
Is that… some kind of sealing magic?
No, it might be a kind of curse. In that case, it'll get worse the longer we leave it.
Whichever it is, this is my specialty.
Sara comes to the same conclusion.
She readies her sword again and concentrates on Sesque -- on the enemy soldier.
Sara: Zephyr, I'll keep the enemy away. Use that time to dispel what's on Yuri!
Zephyr: Got it!
I rush over to Yuri and look at his left arm.
His arm dangles limply, lacking the strength to grip his sword.
Just when I'm about to try to dispel it--
Sesque: Hehehe…
All he's doing is controlling the monsters. He's looking at me appraisingly.
Sesque: Go ahead and try to dispel it. I don't care.
Sesque: If you can dispel this special-made spell.
He's pretty sure of himself.
If I touch the spell, I'll know soon enough if this guy really is that great a magician.
--I touch the magic formula coiled about Yuri's left arm.
Just like the magic circle, I probe its composition.
--In that instant, I understand just how unusual it is.
I take my hand off the formula.
Sesque: Looks like you've figured it out. That's no simple curse.
It has a complex composition.
There's no flow of magic in it.
There's a part that makes it up that's missing and I can't decode it.
All I know is that the sense of malice is the same as the circle…
Zephyr: You're… the one who made that circle…!
Sesque: Haha. That's right. These spells are like a key and its keyhole.
Sesque: This anti-dispelling plan was made just for you. I'd really be in trouble if you could undo it easily.
Zephyr: So that thing is the key.
I look at the sphere of light in Sesque's hand.
If I had that, I could undo this spell.
Sesque: That's right. So--
He throws the light in his hand at a monster waiting nearby.
--And the monster completely transforms.
It's under the power of some kind of spell.
Sesque: Try taking it back.
In the next moment, the monster springs forward as if launched, and the air stills.
Sara: That's--!?
She jumps back immediately, intercepting the powerful sword swing.
That arte the monster used--
It was an exact copy of Final Gale, the arte Yuri had used to defeat the soldiers just now.
Yuri: I don't know how he did it… but this is turning out to be a real pain…
Roaaaaaaar!
Yuri takes hold of his sword in his right hand as the monster attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment