Saturday, December 5, 2020

IDOLiSH7: [Twelve Hits] Haruka RabiTV

happy birthday Haru!! I haven't heard his WO drama track yet, so the conversations about the contents might change a bit when I have the chance to listen. :o

[Twelve Hits] Haruka Isumi: Parts 1-3



1. Twelve Hits!
Haruka: RADIO STATION "Twelve Hits!"?
Torao: Yeah… isn't that the radio program IDOLiSH7 and them appeared on last year?
Minami: It's one year long. TRIGGER and Re:vale appeared too.
Toma: Right! We'll be on that "Twelve Hits!" program this year!
Torao: Huh.
Toma: What, don't you care?!
Torao: We get a lot of radio jobs, right? Why're you so excited, Toma?
Toma: Hey, hey… It's "Twelve Hits!", you know? It's a famous radio program! Everyone in Japan's heard of it!
Toma: It's existed since we were kids. You've listened at least once, right?
Haruka: Nope. I like RabbiTube more.
Torao: Haha, kids these days. Well, I never listened either.
Toma: Seriously!?
Minami: I have. It's a radio program that's broadcast once a month with a different host every time.
Minami: I appeared on it once as a child actor.
Toma: Seriously, Mina…! Wow…!
Toma: I sent them a ton of messages, but they never picked my questions. ...So you were on it…!
Minami: My, my. If your eyes go so wide, your eyeballs will fall out.
Minami: Though it's not bad, being stared at so passionately you'd sacrifice your eyeballs.
Haruka: Ugh… Don't say scary stuff like that!
Torao: Okay, got it. So it's such a great radio show that you're willing to sacrifice both your eyes for it.
Toma: ...Ahem. Anyway, we're gonna do an awesome job!
Toma: Their radio shows last year were really fun!
Torao: You listened to 'em?
Minami: It seems he did.
Haruka: You listened, right?
Toma: W-Was I not supposed to…? Why're you looking at me like that?!
Torao: No reason.
Haruka: No reason?
Minami: There's not really any reason for it.
Toma: You guys only ever agree at times like this…
Minami: I was just admiring your positive attitude, how you were so devoted to collecting information that you listened to all of them, not just your friend Nanase-san.
Torao: Hmm. Oh well. Toma wants to be friends with 'em. We're not good enough for him.
Haruka: Stop sulking, Torao. You're acting like a kid. He won't know you want to be his friend too unless you tell him straight.
Torao: I'm not sulking. Toma just keeps talking about people other than us.
Toma: ...I just saw 'em sending each other requests, and it looked like they were having fun… I kind of wanted to try…
Toma: While I was listening, I thought it would be fun to do it with you guys!
Torao: Huh…?
Haruka: Hmm…?
Minami: So you wanted to send us requests, Inumaru-san.
Toma: Yeah! They keep asking for all kinds of ridiculous things. It felt like they're a real team!
Haruka: Oh… Now that I think of it, Tenn Kujo got all excited when he got a request from his brother.
Toma: Yeah, that. So you listened too!
Haruka: Huh? Ah…!
Haruka: I-I did not! It just happened to be on in the car.
Toma: That makes it easier if you know what the show's about! We'll be taking requests from listeners, not just each other.
Toma: Make sure you think hard about it!
Minami: All right. We'll give them whatever they ask for, right?
Torao: If they're asking, it means they don't already have it. We'll give 'em something new.
Haruka: We'll upend things like we always do, even on the radio!

Toma: Okay, everyone's here. Bring out Haru's requests!
Minami: All right. I've thought up a request that I think suits Isumi-san.
Torao: That's quite a smile, Minami. Did you have a good idea?
Minami: That's right. I like it a lot, if I do say so myself.
Toma: T-That smile makes me nervous… It's something we can do on air, right…?
Minami: Yes, of course. It's sure to make the variety corner more lively.
Haruka: Variety, huh… Haah…
Toma: Haha. What's up, Haru? You don't look happy.
Torao: Oh, I get it. You're scared to be alone, huh? We won't be there when you're recording the radio show.
Torao: Sometimes you're surprisingly cute.
Toma: Really…!? We're centers together when we're up on stage, but Haru is still a high-schooler…
Toma: Sorry I didn't notice…! We're teammates, you can ask me anything. I'll help you out!
Haruka: ...Huh!? I-I'm not scared! Stop assuming things!
Minami: Then why are you spacing out?
Haruka: …"Twelve Hits!" is a variety talk show on the radio, right? I was wondering what the right way to talk is.
Minami: The right way?
Haruka: Yeah, to excel on a variety show. ...Tenn Kujou talked about it before. But I still don't really get it.
Haruka: TV is kinda different from the radio. But I'm the last one in ZOOL to appear on "Twelve Hits!".
Haruka: If I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it right!
Toma: Haru…! You've really been thinking hard about the variety show!
Toma: Good job!
Haruka: Hey…! Don't noogie me!
Torao: You don't need to figure out a right way. You're the radio personality. Whatever you want to talk about is right.
Minami: It's as Mido-san says. The listeners want to listen to what you have to say, Isumi-san.
Haruka: You think…?
Toma: That's right, Haru! Don't think too hard about it. You can just relax, act like you're talking with your friends.
Toma: Like Izumi and Yotsuba! And, uh… ...Who else is there?
Haruka: I-I've got tons of other friends! I swapped RabbiChat IDs with some other classmates just a few days ago!
Minami: Well, isn't that nice?
Haruka: ...Well, it was just getting contact info for a group report...
Toma: Wait, we're getting distracted! Let's give him our requests!
Toma: Something that'll help out Haru would be good. Something that'll be practice for the variety show!
Torao: Huh, like what?
Toma: Let's see...
Toma: Oh! Like a comedy sketch!
Haruka: That's too hard! I've never done comedy!
Toma: It's fine, right? The higher the wall, the better it is when you overcome it! Men can break through anything they set their minds to!
Minami: Or he'll hit it, be broken to pieces, and end up with lasting trauma.
Torao: We'll pick up the pieces. By which I mean, Toma will.
Haruka: I'm not laughing…
Toma: What, you nervous?
Haruka: N-No, no way! ...A comedy sketch is easy!
Toma: Yeah, you can do it, Haru! I'll give you the topic the day of.
Torao: Haha, you've got guts. Maybe I'll give you a talk show request too.
Torao: How about you show those listeners just how great ZOOL is? Present us to them.
Haruka: Present… You mean forcing people to buy products? Like those ads on TV at night…
Toma: They sell some really impressive knives, huh? Like ones that can cut through pumpkins!
Haruka: Seriously!? They make knives like that!?
Toma: Goes right through a pineapple too.
Haruka: That's one amazing knife!!
Minami: My, my. So will your comedy sketch be about TV shopping?
Torao: Well, ZOOL is a product too, in a way. Haruka, sell ZOOL to all the listeners during your talk.
Torao: Hold your audience captive. Make 'em think they want us, no matter how much they have to pay. Our value all depends on what you say.
Torao: How 'bout it? It's perfect for practicing your talk, right?
Haruka: What a pain… It'll be clear enough if I just perform. Can't I just sing on the radio?
Torao: That works if you're just practicing standing on stage.
Haruka: ...Okay. I'll try.
Torao: Haha. You're actually listening for once.
Haruka: "For once"? It's a pain, but we can't turn down requests, right?
Haruka: And I know you and Toma are just trying to help…
Minami: Haha. Then perhaps I'll give you a carrot, for being such a good child.
Haruka: A carrot?
Minami: A carrot, from "carrot and a stick." Because the two of them are giving you the stick. [1]
Minami: Request something from the three of us. Your birthday's soon. As your elders, we should treat you once in a while.
Haruka: Huh!? I can request something from you? ...Anything!?
Minami: Yes, anything. We have a rich son here, after all.
Torao: First I'm hearing of this. Well, I'm fine with it.
Toma: ...Mina's request isn't something you can really do on air, huh? I'm getting worried…
Minami: Haha. I said it would be something that would suit Isumi-san, right?
Haruka: ...This is weird. You're asking for a comedy sketch and other hard stuff, but this is supposed to all be for me…
Minami: That's just how we feel today.
Torao: Just take it and be grateful.
Toma: You guys just can't be honest…! That's how much we care about you, Haru!
Haruka: Hmm? ...Ehehe!
Haruka: I guess this isn't so bad! But it gets on my nerves when people go too easy on me.
Haruka: I'm gonna do a great job on the radio and surprise you all!
Story 1 End

[1] in japanese, the expression is "candy and a whip"!



2. After the Radio Show
Toma: Haa, haa… good job, guys…! This is gonna be exhausting to do at a live…
Minami: Whew… but we've just about perfected our new dance.
Torao: Yeah, it'll be a good live. Okay, we're up early again tomorrow. We worked up a sweat, time to go home.
Haruka: Wait a sec!
Toma/Minami/Torao: Oh…
Haruka: You guys have time, right? Play RabbiBat with me!
Torao: ...Again? Adult men don't go around playing a card game with fighting rabbits.
Haruka: They're not rabbits. They're rabbit characters!
Torao: What's the difference? Anyway, didn't I play with you before recording yesterday?
Toma: You asked me to play with you at the office the day before that.
Minami: And before that, I visited your home and played with you… Your grandmother even made us dinner.
Haru: Too bad! You can't complain! You guys said you'd do my request!
Torao: ...Minami, take responsibility.
Minami: My, my… but I am happy that he pulled my "Twelve Hits!" request.
Toma: But now that I've played it, this Rabbit Battle card game is pretty cool! I bought cards too!
Torao: Hmph. You're such a kid.
Toma: You bought some too! When you got the RabbiKing hero, your eyes were sparkling.
Torao: 'Cause heroes are something special.
Minami: I like RabbiMagic. If you use its spells right, its black magic can inflict deadly poison on top of absorbing its enemy's HP.
Haruka: Hehe! You keep complaining, but you guys are having fun too!
Haruka: I wasn't sure if I should ask to go to the amusement park, but I'm glad I picked the card game!
Toma: You like amusement parks?
Haruka: Dunno. I haven't really gone before. It was just me and Grandma when I was a kid, and now there's no time for it with work.
Minami: ...Oh. Then you should've requested it. I don't remember saying you could have only one request.
Haruka: Wha!? I can ask for more!?
Torao: Haha, it's too late now. Too bad.
Haruka: Hey… I was kind of hoping for it.
Toma: ……
Minami: When you were on the request corner on the radio, it sounded like you were having a lot of fun, Isumi-san.
Minami: You were a little more straightforward than usual. It felt fresh, like you were talking directly to the listeners.
Torao: Yeah. You had some trouble here and there, but that made it really feel like it was really you talking.
Torao: And your fans aren't bad either. In your mail corner, there was that mom saying she likes me.
Toma: It was a really good show! I could feel the same strength from you as when you're on stage.
Toma: And your fans liked it when you talked about school too!
Haruka: Hey… You guys listened to my show? You never said anything about that.
Torao: Well, it just kinda happened.
Minami: It was playing when I stopped by the office, so I ended up listening.
Toma: I listened while it was broadcast!
Haruka: Oh, okay!
Torao: Oh, right. Haruka, leave your schedule open on our next day off. Take the full day for a break, okay?
Haruka: Huh? My next day off is my birthday…
Haruka: Oh, got it! You're gonna give me a birthday surprise!
Toma: H-Huh…!? No way! We're not gonna s-surprise… Right!? Tora! Mina!?
Torao: ...Toma, your eyes are darting around.
Minami: You're too agitated.
Toma: S-Sorry…!
Haruka: ...Haha! Well, that's fine. I'll play along if you want me to.
Haruka: Anyway, I'll leave the day open!
Story 2 End



3. A Happy Surprise
Haruka: Hmm… they haven't called me. It's my birthday…
Haruka: Even though they told me to leave the day free… ...My birthday's not gonna just end like this, right…?
Ding-dong
Haruka: Huh? A visitor?
Haruka's grandmother: Haru-chan, can you get the door? I'm a bit busy right now.
Haruka: Oh, okay.
Clatter
Haruka: Yes, who is— wah, Torao!? And Toma and Minami! Why're you at my house…?
Torao: We came to get you. Hurry and get ready.
Haruka: Huh!? You came to get me… why? Are we going somewhere?
Toma: It's your birthday today! We're gonna bring you somewhere cool! Oh, but we're not telling you where 'till we get there.
Minami: Because you realized there would be some sort of birthday surprise. We tried to think of a way to surprise you with what exactly we're doing.
Minami: It's fun, right? Like a mystery box where you don't know what'll jump out at you. [2]
Haruka: Wha… That sounds kinda scary…
Minami: Haha. If you're that excited, that makes the work we put in worth it.
Toma: Tora brought out a car. It's huge and rugged and cool, and it's got really comfy seats too!
Toma: And he's a really good, safe driver!
Torao: I'll even be your driver today. Be grateful.
Minami: Come on, go get ready. If we don't hurry, your birthday will be over before we know it.
Haruka: O-Okay…!

Torao: We're here.
Haruka: This is… Bandai Namco Land! We came here for a shoot once…!
Toma: Yeah. It was fun when we we came for the shoot, but we couldn't go to the amusement park area, right?
Toma: Today we'll go on the rides, watch the Bandai Namco Parade, and have as much fun as we want in the amusement park!
Haruka: Oh… is this… because I said I wanted to come here?
Torao: Yeah. You weren't sure whether to go with the amusement park or the card game, right?
Minami: It's a special treat for your birthday.
Haruka: ...Birthdays really aren't any different from normal days. But…
Haruka: ...Ehehe! Guess I'll do what you want and have fun!
Toma: Haha! You better!
Minami: It doesn't look like there are too many people. We'll be able to go to a lot of the attractions.
Minami: Isn't this great, Isumi-san?
Haruka: Yeah! So we should be okay even without disguises.
Toma: Yeah, you're right. We stand out more if we're the only ones in masks and glasses and hats.
Torao: Well, we can wear 'em if we end up in a crowd.

Minami: The Ferris wheel, go-karts… there's quite a lot. What do you want to do first?
Haruka: Isn't it obvious? That, of course. The roller coaster!
Torao: Okay, let's go. I'll take your picture from the ground.
Haruka: What're you talking about? You guys are coming too!
Minami/Toma/Torao: Huh…?

Haruka: Ahahaha…! Yaaaay!!
Toma: Ugh… Waaaaah!!!
Minami: Haha.
Torao: Eek…!!!

Haruka: Ahaha…! Haa, that was great…!
Toma: T-That was pretty rough… How many times did we flip over…?
Torao: ...hurk.
Minami: Do you like thrill rides, Isumi-san?
Haruka: I think I've started to like them recently? But little thrills like bungee jumping don't scare me anymore.
Haruka: So next… oh! Let's go to the haunted house next!

Minami: The long-haired woman crawling out of the well was quite beautiful. I wish the bloodstains were a bit more realistic.
Torao: ...I'm exhausted…
Toma: ...That was scary…
Haruka: I-I-I-I… I wasn't scared!
Haruka: That wasn't scary at allll! But I'm never ever getting close to a well…!
Toma: You're the most scared even though you were the one who wanted to go… You were hiding behind Mina the whole time.
Torao: Your legs are shaking too. Why'd you wanna go to the haunted house if you're that scared?
Haruka: I said I wasn't scared…! ...And anyway, I thought I'd be fine if I was with you guys…
Haruka: ...Wait, I really wasn't scared at all!
Toma: Haha, so that's how it is! That's true, there's nothing to be afraid of if we're all together!
Ding.
Haruka: Oh, a RabbiChat… Um… From Izumi and Yotsuba? Oh…
Haruka: "Happy birthday…" "Isumin, HBD…" They said!
Haruka: ...And from other people too! My classmates…!
Haruka: Seriously… ...ehehe…!
Minami: Happy birthday from us as well, Isumi-san.
Torao: Happy birthday, Haruka.
Toma: Yeah! Happy birthday! Here's to another good year!
Haruka: Ah… ...yeah. Hehe, thanks!
Haruka: But we're celebrating my birthday together. Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird.
Haruka: Not just congratulating me, but you all took me to the amusement park together. I never would've imagined when we started out!
Minami: In the beginning, we were all over the place. But we're different now.
Toma: Right! We've got the same goal and we're in this together. Let's all keep standing on stage together!
Torao: Yeah. No matter how tough it gets. We're counting on you, Haruka.
Haruka: Ha, leave it to me. I'll take you along with me, even to the ends of the earth! [3]
Story 3 End

[2] a bikkuri-bako, exactly the box they've been using in this year's RabbiTube segments
[3] he lit. says "to Hell" but that's… sort of different in English…

No comments:

Post a Comment