Saturday, June 5, 2021

IDOLiSH7: [Twelve Hits] RADIO STATION "Twelve Hits!" -Toma ver.-

I said I wasn't going to do any i7 voice dramas. Apparently I lied.

RADIO STATION "Twelve Hits!" -Toma ver.-
From Wonderful Octave - Toma Inumaru


Hey, guys. How you doing?

Radio Station Twelve Hits!

This is Toma Inumaru. I’ll be today’s featured personality. Thanks for listening to the show.

This is a talk variety show that plays top hits and showcases wonderful messages from the listeners. Uh, I’ve always kinda wanted to appear on Twelve Hits!. I put down a ton of things I wanna talk about today. Haha. Well, I was super excited when I wrote it all down. Looking at it now, even I can’t read most of it…

Hahaha! That’ll be a good memory. Anyway, there’s lots of I wanna share with you today. I’ll talk as much as I can, so you guys keep up with me! Let’s have fun together!


So, November is almost over. When it starts to get real cold like this, I…  feel kinda sad. “Ahh, the year’s almost over…” That kinda lonely feeling. Wonder what’s up with that. It’s not really like me, but when I look at the sunset when heading home, or when I wanna see my friends for no reason… Wait, that’s kinda embarrassing.

We suddenly got a lot more jobs this year, so we didn’t get to see each other as much. It’s been pretty rough. But I’m really happy that all you fans are enjoying our voices and our songs so much. We’re gonna have even more concerts from now on, yeah?


That’s enough for the sad stuff. I’m gonna talk about something fun.

So you know, Re:vale’s Momo-san, IDOLiSH7’s Izumi and Nanase, and Mina – not too long ago, the five of us went out for yakiniku. Ah, I mean the older Izumi. Aha… well, so it turned out we were at the TV station together… We’ve kinda been getting closer lately… Ah…

Oh, kinda going off-topic – a lot of you might know this, but my birthday is November 29. It’s pretty soon. Right! It’s “great meat day!” [1] Ahaha. So ‘cause I was born on that day, every time my birthday gets close, I end up eating a lot of meat. It’s one of my favorite foods, so I really wanna do it right!

So, back to what I was saying, when I ran into them, I told them it was gonna be my birthday soon. So then Izumi and Nanase invited us out for yakiniku! Well, maybe not “invited.” They dragged me back to their dorm and said they wanted to celebrate… and then Momo-san put in a reservation at a restaurant.

Geez, those three really got carried away. Mina was there too, and I asked him to help me out without thinking… I get a little nervous when I’m alone. But when I’m with ZOOL, I’m calmer somehow. Hah…

So then, Mina said, “I suppose I’ll come. Think of it as a favor.” But you know, now that I think about it, Mina was pretty into it! He was checking the menu on his phone when he thought we weren’t looking. He looks like the type who’d like offal, but I dunno. You know, when it comes to yakiniku, I like the high-calorie stuff! [2]


Well, so then we went for yakiniku. It was super, super fun. But man, we talked about a lot of special things. Like the story behind the first time Re:vale won overall champion at BW, and IDOLiSH7’s chore rotation… IDOLiSH7 lives in a dorm together, huh. I guess it brings 'em closer? Wonder what it would be like if ZOOL lived in a dorm? Eh, but we’d all make pretty bad roommates.

Oh, so then! Something that made me really happy. They told me I’m great at grilling meat. Well, you know, I’m really picky about how the meat is cooked. I start hogging the tongs and then people complain. But you know, every time I flipped the meat, Nanase would go, “It looks tasty! You’re amazing, Toma-san!” all wide-eyed. I’m glad I could help out. It was great. Everyone else said it tasted better than usual too. I’m gonna work harder so the rest of ZOOL can try delicious meat too.

Also, on the way back, Momo-san and Izumi asked me to play basketball with them sometime. They said there are guys from other groups in their athletics club too.

Yeah! I didn’t think I’d be an idol again and have this much fun! Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, but I already bought basketball shoes. I’ll let you guys know if we play basketball!


Okay, let’s move on to the mail corner.

Penname Puppy Tail-san. It’s from a businesswoman. Thanks for your mail!

“Hello, Toma-kun. Congratulations on your Twelve Hits! appearance. I remember that you wrote in Bloom that you wanted to be on the show someday, so when they announced you would be appearing, I was really happy for you!”

Uh… huh? Bloom? I remember that, but wasn’t it a really long time ago?

“I’ve been a big fan of yours ever since you were in NO_MAD. Even after you disbanded, I made a playlist of your songs and listened to it every day while traveling. I was really sad when you disbanded, but nothing could make me happier than seeing you, Haruka-kun, Minami-kun, and Torao-kun as ZOOL. Toma-kun, you’ve always been a great help to me as an idol. I cheer up when I hear your songs, and they give me courage to keep going during tough times. Toma-kun, thank you so much for continuing as an idol. I’ll keep cheering you on. I’ll love you forever.”

…Haa. No, well, how do I say this… I’m the one who’s cheered up. Thank you so much for always watching me and cheering me on.

I haven’t always valued people who’ve cared about me like Puppy Tail-san. But it’s different now. Your feelings are definitely reaching ZOOL! And I want to answer those feelings.

You know, when ZOOL first started out, we weren’t that kind of happy, shining group. Well, we’re still not, I guess. But now… right. Now we have each other’s backs. We’re not pure and perfect… we’re still pretty awkward… but now we finally have the same dream.

So I’d be really happy if you could add more and more of our songs to your playlist! And thank you to everyone else who sent letters to me today too. I’ll make sure to read them all. Aha.

That’s all for the mail corner!


Anything Goes Variety! Toma Inumaru Did That Corner!

“In the Anything Goes corner, friends and listeners send in questions and requests, and the guest has to answer them as time permits.” I’ll explain the rules.

“Right now, there’s a box in front of me with requests written on slips of paper.” Requests that were collected earlier are in this box, huh. Thanks for sending in so many.

“Something you want them to do, something ridiculous, stories about what they’ve seen – anything goes. No matter how daring the request, they can’t turn it down. In this corner, if they draw the request, they absolutely must answer it.” …That’s pretty extreme, huh.

[deep sigh] …Shit. I’m really nervous. Requests from the other members of ZOOL are in this box, but they asked me stuff I don’t wanna answer… Well, gotta man up. Okay, first request. Here goes!

[shuffle shuffle…]

This one!

Uhh…

“Say the opposite of what you mean during your request corner.”

Huh? That sounds pretty tough. Uh… 

“You seem like you’d be bad at lying, Toma-san. I want you to try saying the opposite of what you’re really thinking. For example, instead of ‘I’m hungry,’ say ‘I’m full.’”

Oh, I get it! So I just have to switch around what I’m saying, right? Thanks for the interesting request, listener! Isn’t this really easy? It doesn’t really feel like lying.

Ah – huh?! We’re starting already? Ah… no. It’s over? Shit. Actually doing it really makes my head spin… 

Oh, no! [slap] It clears my head up! Huh? Or doesn’t clear?

Ahaha, this is really tough. Oh, no, wait. It’s easy!

Haha. I think I can’t… can keep this up, maybe. I’m gonna try drawing another request! Oh, not, I definitely won’t draw another request!

[shuffle shuffle…]

Uh… okay. Not this one. Let’s see, what is it?

“Tell us what type of woman you like.”

…Ah. There it is. My luck is great at times like this, huh… It’s the one I wanted the least.

So this request is from Tora. Romance stuff is pretty embarrassing, so I don’t really talk about it… Well. I drew it, so I’ll answer.

My type… this is gonna come off weird, but… it’s gotta be… an honest girl who always listens with a smile on her face.[3] Her looks don’t matter so much as what’s inside, you know?

…Ah, shit. They’re holding a cue card telling me to redo it as the opposite. Right, I was supposed to do it for the whole corner…

Ah, um. So that’ll be… my type is… a girl who’s… always angry and doesn’t listen to me? But then to add to that, she’s gotta be… a coward to the end… So when it comes to girls, what’s inside doesn’t matter so much as her looks?

Whoa. If you take it seriously, I sound like the worst kind of man. Ah… what a terrible request combo.

No… guys… it’s just because of the requests! It’s not like that at all! No, wait, should I say it is like that?

Ahh… someone stop this already!

T-That’s all! Anything Goes Variety! Toma Inumaru Did That Corner!


Haa… I’m… tired out. No idea what was happening at the end there. Haha…

Anyway, thank you all for listening. We’re almost at the end of Twelve Hits!. Haru’s gonna be the next personality. He’s super cool when singing and dancing on stage, but in real life, he’s sometimes really cute when you aren’t expecting it, and he’s gotten more honest lately. That’s what I’ll be thinking when I’m listening to his show, so I hope you all will listen too.

Okay, it’s been like a dream being here, but it’s time to say goodbye. We wanna destroy your boring everyday lives and unhappy feelings. I want us to send it all up in flames when you listen to our songs. Let me hear your voices more and more! Let’s circle this annoying world together!

Okay! We’ll end with the solo song Mina wrote for me. He turned the dark feelings that have always been rotting somewhere inside me into a song, let me sing them with my own voice.

You’ve all called my name so many times. I won’t ever let it end again. I’d forgotten how to chase my dreams, but you’ve given me the best days of my life. Thank you.

I’ll keep shouting forever. Endless. [4]



[1] 11/29 can be read as “i-i ni-ku,” or great meat. there are quite a few themed days based on alternate readings of dates like these.

[2] yakiniku terminology… “horumon” is beef or pork offal which is supposed to be low-calorie, high protein.

[3] Tora uses “onna” in his request, which is unambiguously “woman.” Toma uses “ko” in his reply, usually used in reference to a “girl.”

[4] the "calling my name so many times" and "keep shouting forever" are direct references to the chorus of Endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment