Wednesday, February 15, 2023

IDOLiSH7: [Valentine's Day Journey of Love] Tenn Kujo

translation of the Rabbit Chat and phone call from Tenn's 2023 Valentine's Day card.

VD恋巡り (Valentine's Day Journey of Love): Tenn Kujo

 

 

Part 1: Rabbit Chat with Gaku


Hey, Tenn. Got a second?

There’s chocolate and strawberry in front of you.
Which would you pick?

Huh?

What’re you talking about…?


The producer got us donuts for the end of recording.

You like donuts, right? Which flavor do you want?
I was thinking I’d get Ryu black sugar.


Oh, you mean like a present.

I thought you meant if it was the last
meal of my life or something.

Thanks for thinking of us, but is it really
okay for you to give them out?



Yeah. There’s tons here, he told us to just take ‘em.


Okay, then I’ll take you up on it if there’s extra…


Which do you want?


Strawberry, please.


Got it!

K, I’ll bring back black sugar and strawberry.


Why’re you just picking Ryu’s flavor for him?


He made some really great sata andagi last time, so I
just kinda decided.

It’s a pretty rare flavor. Don’t you think he’ll like it?



Well, I think he’d be happy with anything.


Right? I can just imagine him grinning like
“Thanks, Gaku!”

Chocolate looks like it’s bitter. Okay if I eat it?


Yeah, it’s fine. I just ate the brownies
Aya gave me yesterday anyway.



Oh right, you went to Kujo’s house.


She went out of her way to make them for Valentine’s.

But it’s the first time I’ve ever had
brownies with pickled plums in them.



Pickled plums?

That’s pretty creative. Were they good?


I felt like I was transported to a new plane of existence.

She said she added pickled plums because
they’re supposed to help relieve fatigue.


Oh, so she’s really worried about your health.
She’s a good girl.


Yeah, she is.

What time will you be back?


I’m gonna stop by the grocery first.
Milk’s on sale today!


Ryu said the same thing this morning.

Are you two checking the same grocery app?


Yeah, Ryu told me about it. I check sometimes.


Me too.
By the way, potatoes are on sale too.


Oh, I didn’t look that close.
I’ll buy some!


If you’re buying potatoes and milk, maybe
we’ll have gratin for dinner tonight.

(Kinako eating taiyaki stamp)



Sounds good!
Today’s pretty cold, it’ll be perfect.


Great.

Sounds like you’ll have lots to carry. I’ll come too.
I’ve got time, it’s my day off.



Thanks! Let’s meet by the grocery.
Be there in 30 minutes or so.


Ah, you’ll stand out if you’re wearing sunglasses
in the supermarket. Make sure you take them off.
You’re tall anyway, you draw attention.


Changing disguises based on where I am is a pain…

Wait, maybe I should tell Ryu.
I think he was about done with work.


He was looking at the app too.
He might’ve been thinking of stopping by the
grocery on his way back.


That’s true…

He might be thinking of buying potatoes
and milk so we can make gratin.


Right? (lol)

I’m gonna ask him!



(mon TRIGGER stamp)




Part 2: Phone Call

Hello?
Did you get home okay?
Okay, good.
I just got back too.
You were a bit quiet when it was time to leave,
so I was worried you were tired out…
Huh…?
It’s not that you were tired,
it’s that you didn’t want to go?
…So it was the same for you…
No, it’s nothing.
I wanted to stay with you longer too.
I had a lot of fun.
I was looking at the pictures we took.
I was thinking, the ones at the ocean
and the ones where we were stuffing our faces with ice cream
were really cute.
Haha. Are you embarrassed?
There are lots of other places
I want to visit,
so let’s go on a date again.
You’ll laugh by my side
next time too, right?
…Good. It’s a promise.
I really enjoyed today.
I’ll call you again. Sleep well.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment