Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.6.04 - Stealing Back Power, End

starts on Zephyr, then switches to Allen!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 6: To Where You Are
Scene 4: Stealing Back Power, End
raw video link here!


Shiiiiiiing!
The monsters' guard momentarily lapses in the midst of battle, and Yuri and Velvet don't let the chance escape.
In an instant, they leap in close and deliver devastating blows to the monsters.
Yuri: Rending Wolf Charge!
Velvet: Heaven's Wrath!
Monsters: Roaaaaaaar!?
The monsters' dying screams ring through the air as they crumble into dust.
Yuri: See, didn't even need to be at full strength. Looks like you got yours too?
Velvet: Of course. I can fight even with the power of my arm stolen.
Yuri: Haha. I don't know whether to call you brave or scary… well, let's just go with reliable.
Seeing its allies fall, the bow monster flinches for a moment and tries to fall back.
--But we don't let that chance slip by either.
Zephyr: You're not getting away! Gun Split!
Monster: Roooooar!
The violent flash of light slashes through the monster, returning it to dust.
Then--
Zephyr: That's--!
A sparkling crystal is left behind where the monster had been.
I draw closer and pick it up. I can feel condensed magical power.
Lippy: This is… a crystal of stolen power…
When I look around, Yuri and Velvet have picked up their own crystals from the monsters they defeated.
Both of their strong gazes are focused on me.
Yuri: You can do it if you have this. Right, Zephyr?
Zephyr: ...yeah. Leave it to me. This spell is my specialty.
Yuri hands over the crystal, and I hold it to his left arm as I concentrate my magic.
I can see the flow of magic through the spell--
The flow that focuses on draining power into the crystal.
I'll reverse it. I'll change the flow of power so it's leaving the crystal and going back to its source.
The key -- and the keyhole -- the spell's composition is simple, but it won't dispel without both of them.
But on the other hand, if I have both of them--
Zephyr: Okay…! Looks good… --Unlock!
The crystal shines faintly as it's absorbed into Yuri's left arm.
At the same time, the curse seal wrapped around Yuri's arm disappears as if dissolving into the light.
Next, I cast the same spell on Velvet's left arm.
As everyone watches with bated breath, the seal disappears in the same way. The dispelling is finished.
Zephyr: ...I think it should be completely gone now. How do you feel?
Have the two of them regained their powers?
As if to answer my question, or to find out for himself--
Yuri switches his sword to his left hand.
Yuri: Now let's see.
Saying that, he swings his sword quickly.
Horizontal, parry, diagonal, vertical -- after he shows off all sorts of sword techniques--
Yuri: Hup!
He swings his sword upward and tosses it into the air.
His sword draws an arc through the air. When gravity takes over and it falls--
Whap! He grabs the hilt gracefully.
Yuri: Okay! Looks good!
Lippy: My! Master Yuri has fully recovered!
Yuri: Now I can pay him back without reservation.
Zephyr: ...I thought you'd say that. We'll be counting on you.
Yuri: I can't just let that bastard do what he wants.
Yuri sheathes his sword, brimming with fighting spirit.
Then Velvet--
Velvet: My arm…
I feel power gathering in Velvet's left arm.
Then her arm swells, growing sharp claws and changing to a demon arm.
Velvet: Ha!
She turns that power on one of the nearby stone statues.
With a single swing, she rips through the statue and it crumbles to pieces.
Velvet: It looks like my power's back. ...Sorry for the trouble.
Zephyr: ...Is that really a good thing?
Velvet: Yes. Right now I need this power. ...Also so I can fight the man waiting for us.
Zephyr: You mean... you'll help? In the next battle, at least.
Now that she has her power back, there's no reason for her to fight him…
Velvet: ... I don't much like getting beaten up.
Kana gives her gratitude to Velvet without hesitation.
Kana: Thanks, Velvet!
Velvet: ...no need to thank me.
I get it. She's the type who's weak to kids.
In any case, I'm glad to have the additional fighting strength.
Well then. I've done my part in this.
All that's left is to climb this staircase and do what we came here for.
Ahead of us is--
Zephyr: It's your turn next, Allen.

Zephyr and everyone else brought us this far.
Thanks to them, we've made it here and I still have plenty of strength.
All that's left is our plan for saving Sara. This is something I have to do.
Link: Thanks. Zephyr, everyone. I'll definitely succeed.
Zephyr: Yeah. We'll be counting on you.
Lippy: Very well, how does this sound? I'd like to consider adapting our plan to present circumstances.
Link: I have an idea.
Link: We thought of a lot of things while making this plan, but right now, I think this would be the best way forward.

I outline my plan to everyone.
At this moment, it's our best option we have--

Yuri: Got it… sounds like it could work.
Velvet: Right… we can't outmaneuver him without doing at least that much.
Lippy: In that case, we must split into teams.
Link: Yeah. Even in the worst case, I'd like Zephyr to carry out that plan at his own pace.
Zephyr: I don't like to think about it… but got it. I'll take care of it.
Kana: ...you too, Allen. Even in the worst case, I'm sure you'll succeed.
Link: I don't want to think about it… but yes. Of course.
And so we split into two groups. We begin to climb the spiral staircase.
Aiming for the highest point, where the dark aura is thickest and where Sara's signal is coming from--

No comments:

Post a Comment