Friday, April 3, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.6.01 - Fighting in the Courtyard, Start

Starts on Allen, then switches to Zephyr, then Sara.

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 6: To Where You Are
Scene 1: Fighting in the Courtyard, Start
raw video link here!


The day arrives.
He told us to come to him.
We're going to meet Sara. That's what we decided.
And his scheme will surely come to fruition at the same time.
And because we're facing off against the kind of crafty snake who would arrange things that way--
We hatch a plan--

Lippy: The demon Asmodeus… the crystal at the highest point in the castle… the ancient ceremony… the circle in the barracks… Lady Sara, who was taken away…
Zephyr: With all of that, he's waiting for us… from the way he acts, this must be what he's after.
The information from Lippy's SMARTPHON and Zephyr's reading.
The two analyses make clear Feil's plan.
Link: So this is Feil's goal…
Zephyr: I've got no proof… but Asmodeus has touched me too. If anything, this is what he'll do.
The answer that they've come up with is extremely dark and frightening to us.
Lippy: It looks… as if this is the ceremony in question. However, the target has changed.
Kana: Can… can he really do something so scary…?
Velvet: It's not out of the question.
Yuri: Anyway, let's go. Let's just hope it all goes according to plan.
Zephyr: Yeah. But if that happens, you're the only one who's going to be able to do something.
He murmurs and sends me a glance.
From the look in his eyes, I know what he's thinking.
--I think from the bottom of my heart that I'm glad I met Zephyr.
Zephyr: So let me lead the way until we reach her.
Thanks, partner.

We slip into the moonlit night--
--and come to stand in front of Clariye's castle, where he awaits.
If I were to say everyone is in top condition, I would be lying.
But we have more than enough motivation. Especially--
Link: ……
Allen, who's the most important one here.
We'll take him to where that man and Sara are, so that he doesn't have to use too much strength.
That's what I can do to help win this fight.
Zephyr: Well… I think it's time to get this party started.
Link: Zephyr. Thank you. ...I'm counting on you.
"Thank you," huh?
Maybe those words help lessen the weight of my sin just a little bit.
No--
Zephyr: (Helping your friends is only right. It's nothing special.)
It's fine.
I respond to Allen silently, inside my heart.
Zephyr: Just leave it to me. In return, we'll be counting on you when we reach Sara.
Link: Yeah. We'll tear down all of his plans.
Zephyr: Okay, partner -- let's do this!
We bump fists, entrusting each other with our hopes.
I turn back to face the door.
Zephyr: Okay! We're breaking through! Kana! Lippy! Time to show off!
Kana/Lippy: Yeah! / Understood!
We each ready our spells.
First, we have to make a way through.
Zephyr: Goooo!
With a thunderous roar, we blast a huge hole in the castle gate.
Yuri/Velvet: Haaaaaaaaa!
Yuri and Velvet swing their swords and cut their way in.
Monsters: Groooooooooar!?
I can hear the cries of monsters through the cloud of smoke.
The smoke dissipates, and in the courtyard of the castle I see--
Monsters: Roooooooar!!
The courtyard is packed with countless monsters!
Yuri: ...these guys will give us a pretty flashy entrance.
Velvet: Hmph. Weaklings are weaklings, no matter how many there are.
Even if they can only use their non-dominant arms, the two of them aren't the type to hang back indecisively.
We leap after them, following as they beat a path through the monsters.
Zephyr: Come on, let's go! Let's clear these guys and break into the castle!
Lippy: Hmhm. This looks as if it will become a rather chaotic battle… then in that case, it's time to debut one of those…!

Feil: Well… they've finally come, Sara. You can hear them even if you can't see them, right? They're fighting.
Feil: I've prepared a few challenges for them before they can get here. It's necessary.
Feil: The more challenges they face, the more you hear them suffer, the more wonderful this festival will be.
Feil: They're here to save you, after you recklessly threw yourself into battle alone.
Feil: I wonder if they'll get this far? I'm sure they will.
Feil: They'll fight their way through even as they get hurt. All because they care about you.
Feil: They care about you just as much as you care about them. Fighting for someone they love makes them so much stronger.
Feil: Well, what will you do? What's your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment