Friday, March 27, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.12 - Everyone's Answer, End

this closes out chapter five, which is the longest chapter in this arc. /o/ starts on Link, then moves to Kana!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 12: Everyone's Answer, End
raw video link here!


Kana: Hey, Lippy. Shouldn't we stop them?
Lippy: Hmm. My loyalty dictates that I put a halt to this…
Yuri: Leave them be. There's nothing else they can do.
Velvet: Honestly… they're such children…
Thrust, punch, deflect, disengage -- as we attack and defend--
Link: Ha!
Zephyr: Whoa!?
My punch breaks through Zephyr's guard.
This is my chance. I can't let it get away!
Link: There!
Zephyr: --Just kidding.
Link: --!?
I see Zephyr grin, and a moment later -- he dodges my extended fist and grabs my arm.
Zephyr: Now!
Splaaaaaash!
He takes advantage of my momentum to send me flying.
I go underwater again.
I regain my footing quickly and stand up.
Link: Ghh!?
The water dripping from my head distorts my vision as I search for Zephyr.
Zephyr: There, it's over.
...his fist is thrust before my eyes.
Zephyr: It's my win. Now keep your promise.
My promise…
Zephyr: "Calm down." ...remember?
Calm down…
Now that he mentions it, I did promise that.
I wasn't really… thinking when I started fighting Zephyr.
Kana's words echo through my head.
"Hey, Allen. What is it we're fighting against? What are we saving Sara from?"
As I sit there in a daze, a towel is dropped on my head.
Lippy: You'll catch a cold. Please, dry yourself.
Link: Lippy…
Lippy: Master Link. We too wish to save Lady Sara.
Lippy: It's only natural. Lady Sara is a very, very precious friend who brings a smile to our faces.
Lippy: We cannot forgive anyone who would harm her. We'll surely battle and defeat him.
Lippy: But even so… I do not want you to fight with that expression on your face.
Lippy: If Lady Sara were here, she would surely say.
Lippy: "I want you to smile like you always do."
He imitates her and smiles at me.
And then, as if following up--
Kana: That's right, Allen. You have to smile for Sara.
For… Sara…
Kana: If you fight for her while hurt, even if you manage to save her--
Kana: Sara won't like that at all. It'll hurt her even more.
Kana: I just thought… we don't want our adventure to be like that.
Kana: What we have to do is something different.
What we… have to do…
Kana: Hey, Allen. While you were talking, I had a thought.
Kana: I wondered what it is that Sara's fighting.
It's the doubt that Kana voiced earlier.
Kana: What she tried to tell you on the beach. The thing that's bothered her ever since she was a child.
Kana looks down a little as she speaks.
Kana: Sometimes, feelings you haven't thought about in a while… they suddenly come back to the surface.
Zephyr: …
Kana: If Sara is fighting with feelings like that, then… what's happened now only triggered it.
Kana: Then isn't it something she's always fought against inside herself?
So that's… the darkness inside Sara…
Link: I… think you're right. ...But I… still don't know what it is.
Kana: She left before telling you, huh.
She nods a little and answers.
Kana: But, you know. She wanted to tell you.
Kana: So it has to be you, Allen. You're the one who has to listen and know about it.
Kana: So you have to be the way you always are. I want you to smile like you always do when we go save Sara.
Kana: We know you can do anything if you're your usual self.
She smiles brightly as she says it.
That's right--
Just now, I--
Zephyr: You get it now. Geez. Don't act out of character.
Zephyr: How 'bout it, partner? You're an honest, good guy. You're not like me; you can say what you're thinking right now, right?
Zephyr encourages me to speak.
Link: I'm thinking… so you can say things like that, Zephyr.
Zephyr: ...leave that part out… what else?
I wasn't myself just now.
I'd lost sight of my feelings. Why is that?
Link: ...I think I was frustrated.
Link: What mattered to me was stolen away right in front of my eyes.
Zephyr: ...I understand.
Link: But that's not all… the way Sara smiled… it was so sad…
This darkness inside Sara that Feil saw using Asmodeus--
--And her melancholic smile when she said she would fight herself.
Link: I didn't realize Sara was fighting with her own feelings.
Not until the moment she was taken away and I saw her expression.
I hadn't realized she was suffering until I heard Feil's words.
Link: I thought before that we would be fighting to defeat him and take back Sara and her sight.
Link: But that's not it. That's not enough.
Link: It only set off the fight inside Sara's heart.
On the lonely battlefield of her heart--
Link: Sara is fighting alone against her feelings. I want to save her.
Little by little, my feelings light a fire inside my heart.
Link: I want… to hear Sara's voice.
What was it Sara was trying to tell me back then?
What was it that Sara said back then?
Link: The view that Sara was seeing… whatever lies behind her sad smile. I want to face it.
Link: For that… what can I do?
Zephyr: Well, to start with, you shouldn't be making strange faces and trying to force your way through.
Link: ...you're exactly right. I'm sorry.
Kana: Allen! Zephyr's just embarrassed because he's talking seriously. He's teasing you to hide it, just like always. Don't worry about it!
Zephyr: Don't turn this around on me.
Kana: Waaaah! Zephyrrrr! My head~!
Lippy: Ohh! Master Zephyr! Lady Kana is becoming dizzy!
This is how we are.
What can we do so that we can see the same view as you, together?
The answer is so simple.
Zephyr seems to realize I've found the answer, because he speaks to me.
Zephyr: You're the one who said it. There's only one thing for us to do, right?
Link: Right.
I tell everyone my answer.
It's how I've chosen to approach our adventure.
Link: We'll reach out to her.
What we're fighting against isn't what matters.
Link: We'll go to Sara. We'll be by her side. That will give her the strength to fight.
We know how difficult it is to fight alone.
That's why we know how strong we can be when we link hands.
Link: Let's go -- to save Sara and Sara's adventure!
Zephyr, Kana, and Lippy nod.
Zephyr: Haha. You're finally back to normal.
Kana: If that's how you feel, we'll be fine! We've always faced things straight on!
Lippy: Let's set out! To where our beloved friend is!
Link: Yeah!
The heaviness in my heart dissipates like the fog lifting.
--Then.
Yuri: Looks like your mind is set.
Yuri had been watching our exchange, and now he speaks to me.
Zephyr: Sorry for worrying you. We couldn't do anything until he'd made up his mind.
Yuri: It's fine. That's the way you guys are.
Yuri: Link, Sara, Lippy, and you and Kana -- you make a good team.
Zephyr: Hearing that from you makes me feel like I've grown up a bit.
Yuri: I didn't do anything.
Zephyr: Don't mind me. It's just how I feel.
Yuri: Okay. By the way, we should start putting together a plan. There's a lot we can do if we're thinking about this calmly, you know.
Link: Yes!

Yeah, that's right.
Just like this, we can walk this road together.
These warm, glowing feelings--
Velvet: Well? Have you made up your mind?
Kana: Yeah. I'm going to fight.
Kana: Right now, the friends that are with me are my light. I want to stay with them.
No matter how much my heart is shaken by the days we spent together -- I no longer hesitate.
Because this light is brighter than anything.
Velvet: I see. If that's your decision, then just do what you feel is best.
Kana: Velvet--
Velvet: …?
Kana: Thanks. You're really nice.
Velvet: ...honestly… you really are strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment