Sunday, March 8, 2020

IDOLiSH7: t(w)o... (Re:vale)


I've been sitting on this for like two weeks because there are some phrases that were really hard but. giving up now. /o/ once again, kanji and romaji can be found elsewhere, so just translation this time.

t(w)o...
Re:vale (Yuki and Momo)
IDOLiSH7


I’ll always believe, I’ll promise over and over
I tuck these unceasing feelings inside my heart

Our irreplaceable days pass by
When I trip and stumble, I come to a stop
Even days like that, filled with mistakes--
They have meaning just because you were there

I take the emotions that bloomed within me on that day
and release them into the sky like the wind

I always believed, I’ll promise over and over
We spin out the future in a harmony of your voice and mine
Go ahead and laugh wholeheartedly [1]
We can definitely change any tears to smiles

Just like always, I'm still chasing after
The dream that suddenly slipped away from me [2]
When I moved forward, still confused
You said to my back, “You’re not alone.”

Sometimes we don’t understand and get lost
But the light burning inside our hearts will show the way

I always believed, I’ll promise over and over
We’ll connect to the future with a melody of your dream and mine
Just “thank you” is never enough
I want my feelings to surpass words and reach you
You taught me those things that are forever irreplaceable


[1] the actual word here is “laugh so [much/hard] it's like an exaggeration” but like. that sounds stupid so here you go. [insert Tidus laugh here]

[2] okay, I'm giving up on this. the best we can figure out, 零した夢 might be like... “dream suddenly falling through.” which would fit, given Yuki's past, but I can't find a good source for use of that verb with non-physical objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment