Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.09 - Hidden View, Start

next scene is much shorter than this one and should be up later this week. o/ last two scenes after that are super long again.

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 9: Hidden View, Start
raw video link here!


Feil: I wanted to come right away, but that fairy's new spell caused me a bit of trouble.
Feil speaks in a lighthearted tone at odds with the atmosphere. I scowl at him and fall into fighting stance once again.
Feil: Hey now. Don't push yourself. From the look of you just now, you haven't gotten enough strength back to fight to the fullest.
Feil: If you're not yet fully healed, everyone else must be in the same shape.
Feil: If you come after me in that state, the same thing will just happen again. Even if I don't use these eyes.
As he speaks, a sparkling crystal appears in his palm.
Sara's sight--
Feil: Oh, don't make such a scary face. You're going to make me laugh.
The corner of Feil's mouth curls up in pure delight.
Feil: Don't worry. If you don't do anything reckless, I have no intention of doing anything to you today.
Link: Then why are you here!?
Feil smiles faintly as he speaks.
Feil: I came to kidnap Sara.
Link: Wha!?
Feil: Sara is the tool chosen by Asmodeus to fulfill my goal. So I'm taking her with me.
Chosen…?
The demon that reads hearts and memories, turning people into dark monsters… chose Sara…?
Feil: Sara. I won't do anything if you listen to me and come quietly. I mean it.
Feil: I just don't want to have to drag you along by force.
Feil: How about it? Will you come of your own accord? If you do, I promise I won't lay a hand on your friends.
Link: Sara! ...don't listen to him. You can't believe him!
Feil: ...so you're rebelling. You'll leave me no choice if you say things like that.
He smiles gently, as if soothing a small child -- and issues an order to the shadows.
One of the monsters near Sara approaches lazily.
Link: Ugh…
...we're already trapped by that snake...
I know that…
But still…
Link: Aaaaaaagh!?
I'm hit by a strong impact and go flying.
As my vision darkens, I see the monster readying its arm for another swing.
Sara: Link!?
Feil: Just talking won't change change anything.
Feil speaks to Sara as if lecturing her.
Feil: Now then, Sara. What are you thinking? "Why are you doing this?" Or maybe, "Why is this happening to us?"
Feil: Well. It's your fault.
Sara: --!
Feil: He's getting hurt… because you're here.
Link: Stop… lying to her!
Feil: But it's true. I told you at the beginning, Sara.
Feil: I came to take you away. If you come of your own accord, this tragedy will go no further. If not, it will continue.
Link: Aghhh!?
Another attack.
My consciousness starts to drift away.
He's choosing his words with care to trample on Sara's heart.
Link: Why… are you doing this… why… Sara…
Feil: I need Sara for what I want to destroy.
Link: What…
Feil: I know because I touched her heart and memories with Asmodeus's power. There is darkness in this girl.
Sara: --!
Link: Darkness…
Feil: That is the only thing that will help with what I want to destroy.
Feil: My family has always wished for destruction. I need a suitable weapon. That's my only reason.
"What he wants to destroy."
Darkness… in Sara…?
What in the world is he talking about…?
My head is reeling… I can't collect my thoughts…
The words coming out of my mouth are nearly incoherent.
Link: What… are you planning…
Link: I won't… let you have Sara…
Feil: Link…
Feil: You're getting in the way of me convincing Sara.
Feil: Then you leave me no choice. I'll start by tearing off your right arm.
Feil waves his hand, issuing orders to the monsters.
The monster's claws come at me again--
Sara: Stop!
Sara's voice rings out, full of conviction.
Sara: I'll go! Like you said, it's fine if I just go with you, right?
Link: ...Sara…! No--
I try to stop her--
But I'm cut off.


It's Sara's expression that stops me.
Her face, still stained by tears, is smiling.
She's wearing a heartbreaking smile full of sorrow.
Sara: ...please…
Sara: Don't get hurt… because of me…
Sara: I don't want that…
Sara: You gave me life once before. ...I don't want to hurt you any more, Link.
Sara's sightless eyes are looking straight at me.
I stay where I am, dumbfounded, struck by her gaze.
That's all I can do.
Sara: I'm fine. ...I won't lose. There's no way I'll lose.
Her eyes, usually so full of strength, are today full of doubt.
--She'll be fine…
What's that supposed to mean…?
Feil: Don't waste her good intentions. She said she'd come with me.
Feil: Don't you understand? She intends to put an end to this incident all by herself.
Alone…? The way she is now--
Link: There's no way you could go against him alone, Sara!
Sara: That's not it, Link. What I really have to fight against… it's something else.
Sara: I thought… I could take the easy way and have you listen to me, but…
Sara: I'm sure it's something else. This is a fight inside my own heart.
Sara's heart?
Feil: Hahaha. Then let's go, Sara.
At Feil's urging, Sara is taken away by the monsters without resisting.
She is about to disappear into the gate, just like that.
I yell with all my strength.
Link: Sara! We'll definitely come save you. Definitely!
Slowly--
She turns at the sound of my voice--
And smiles again--
Sara: ……
Her lips form the shape of words--
And then she vanishes into the light.
Feil: ...hahaha… That's right. I'll be waiting, Link.
Feil: I hope you do come. Along with your dear friends.
With those words, the gate closes.
Link: Ugh…
Link: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
My heart full of rage, I scream, pounding my fists against the ground.
Over.
And over…
Out the corner of my eye, I can see the monsters that he left behind.

I raise my hands, my skin broken and bleeding.
The sharp pain sends fireworks exploding through my skull.
And so what?
I'll… save her...
I won't forgive you…
I'll never forgive any of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment