Friday, March 20, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.11 - Everyone's Answer, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 11: Everyone's Answer, Start
raw video link here!


After that--
I reached the stream near the campsite and was surrounded by my companions.
It seems like they were looking for us.
Upon seeing my new wounds and noticing that Sara isn't with me, they all start asking questions.
Little by little, I explain what happened.
Kana: ...no way…
I tell them only the facts.
Feil's appearance.
The atrocities he committed.
What he said to Sara.
Zephyr: ...darkness…?
The words he told me.
Lippy: He's waiting…
And I tell them that he took Sara away.
Everyone looks solemn… of course…
There's nothing more for me to tell them. That's everything.
I begin walking.
Zephyr: ...hey, Allen.
It's time to go.
I clench my fists and glare toward where he waits.
Lippy: Master Link!?
Yuri: Hey, Link. What are you trying to do with those wounds?
What will I do? It's obvious.
There's only one thing for me to do.
For that, I have to go to the castle.
Kana: Allen!
Kana chases after me, but I don't turn around. Behind me, her voice says--
Kana: Haaaa!
Link: Ack!?
--!?
There's a sudden pressure on the front of my neck -- and I instantly choke, the breath knocked out of me.
I realize that Kana yanked my collar and pulled me to a stop.
Kana: Sorry, Allen! I wanted you to stop no matter what… so my hand just instinctively...
So now her hand grabbing my collar is instinctive…
Lippy: ...this must be the result of Master Zephyr's teachings...
Zephyr: ...what teachings are you talking about? But, well, it can do a lot of damage if you're not used to it. It's surprisingly hard to get the knack of it.
He says, and then closes his eyes as if deep in thought.
Zephyr: But still. I never thought Kana would step in to stop Allen from being reckless. Maybe it'll rain beans tomorrow or something.
Kana: Don't make fun of me, Zephyr. I'm surprised too.
As I listen to their conversation with one ear, my breathing goes back to normal.
Looking worried, Lippy toddles closer to where I sit.
Lippy: Master Link, please calm yourself.
Lippy: ...If you go to face him with those injuries, without a plan, it will only end the same way as before.
Yuri: Lippy's right. If we think about what he said, it sounds like he's trying to lure you guys out.
Yuri: We at least have time for your wounds to heal and come up with a plan.
Velvet: ...if you attack the place where he's holed up and waiting, he'll just turn the tables on you.
Zephyr: I know you're in a real hurry, but please try not to be as reckless as Kana.
Kana: Hey, what's that supposed to mean!? Zephyr!
This atmosphere -- it's just like it always is.
This warmth is born of everyone's kindness.
But--
Even so, my focus doesn't shift.
Because you're not beside me.
I stand up and try to start walking again.
But Zephyr grabs my shoulder.
Link: ...let go of me… Zephyr…
Zephyr: ...you're being ridiculous, partner.
Link: I know…
Zephyr: No, you don't. All you did was tell us the situation, right?
Zephyr: Do you know what face you're making right now?
My face…?
Zephyr grips me roughly and forces me to turn.


Zephyr: Getting fired up is different from letting hatred consume you. There's no way I'll let you go after Sara like this.
What's he talking about?
Kana: I won't let you go as you are either. I'm not talking about you being hurt.
Kana: What's most important is your feelings. That's how we've always decided what to do up till now, right?
Feelings--
Link: ...that's right. That's why… I'm moving now, with the feeling of wanting to save Sara.
Kana shakes her head at my answer.
Then she looks straight into my eyes and asks.
Kana: Hey, Allen. What is it we're fighting against? What are we saving Sara from?
What, she says...?
I don't understand what Kana is asking.
Then Zephyr opens his mouth, looking somewhat sad.
Zephyr: It's not for me to say… but you don't get it, huh… geez…
Zephyr: Then I guess we've got no choice!
Then, almost before he's finished muttering--
Zephyr grabs my shoulders tightly and pushes me to the side.
I stumble from the force of his sudden action.
--And then I feel myself falling. If I remember right… the stream is right past these rocks.
Then I finally understand. Zephyr used his weight to drag me into the stream.
While we fall through the air, I think I hear Zephyr's voice ringing in my ears.
Zephyr: Honestly… you and Sara, you're seriously--
Splaaaaaaash!
The sound of our bodies hitting the water is so loud, it drowns out the rest of his words.
Zephyr and I face off, both of us completely soaked.


Zephyr: Well, I don't think being doused in water is enough to cool you down.
Link: …! What're you doing, Zephyr!?
Then, in an instant, Zephyr draws closer to me, disregarding the pull of the water on his legs.
Zephyr: Ha!
Somehow I manage to block his fists as they fly.
The choppy water sprays and falls around us dramatically.
Link: ...what're you doing!?
Zephyr: Calm down a bit, partner. I'll be your opponent, just like old times.
Zephyr smirks, the corner of his mouth quirking up, as he tells me.
Zephyr: You can go if you beat me. If you can't even manage that, then you've gotta calm down. Got it?
Opponent…?
What's Zephyr talking about at a time like this…?
Then, without hesitating, his other hand comes forward in a chopping motion.
Link: Tch!
I knock it away and get some distance.
...there's no time for this…
But I know Zephyr won't get out of my way.
I've got no choice…
Link: ...yeah… got it…! I'll hold you to that, Zephyr!
Zephyr: So you're in… yeah, that's fine with me. Come at me, Allen!
I have to go...!
I fall into fighting stance and rush at Zephyr.
Zephyr: ...geez… it's exactly because you're trying to fight your way through that I can't let you go…

No comments:

Post a Comment