Friday, March 13, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.10 - Hidden View, End

Sara this time!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 10: Hidden View, End
raw video link here!


Our shoes click on the stone floor as we walk.
Feil: This is the highest floor of the Clariye castle, the ceremonial hall.
If this is the highest floor, then we must be near the giant crystal.
We saw it when looking up from the town the other day.  From the outside, it must look as beautiful as it did before.
But inside…
Feil: It took me quite a while to remodel the castle. It's now a place well-suited for me to stay in.
The growls I hear around me must be from monsters.
The heavy feeling of the air against my skin tells me that this place is home to many evil creatures.
Feil: I'm sure you know this, but you are my tool. A tool to bring them here.
I don't know what this deranged man is after.
But I do know he's up to no good.
Then.
Feil: With those eyes… I don't think you can run away, but I'll seal you inside the circle just in case.
Feil: There's a bit of a trick to this circle.
Feil: When you and your friends meet here, the destruction I hope for will be complete.
Feil: Most of my preparations are already complete. All that's left is to let things take their course.
Feil: I'll give this back to you now, before the curtain rises.
He places something that feels like a hard crystal in my palm… something that pulses with magic.
I can't see it, but even so.
Why does it feel so familiar to me?
This can't be--
Feil: It's your eyes. There's no more reason for me to have them. I'm giving them back.
My eyes--
My only--
Feil: Well, I say I'm giving them back, but without knowing the corresponding spell, you can't use it.
Feil: Zephyr might be able to dispel the curse and turn your eyes back to normal.
Feil: But you can't do anything.
With those words, Feil departs.
He leaves me with only the feeling of the crystal in my palm.
Why did he give this back to me?
I don't know what he was thinking, but this is convenient.

If this thing goes away, Link and the others won't get hurt by him.

Sara: If this… goes away…
Courage flares within my heart.

Feil: "If this goes away…" that's what you must be thinking.
Feil: "But you can't do anything."
Feil: Now then. My preparations are complete. All that's left is to wait for them to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment