Saturday, May 2, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.7.01 - Your Hiding Place, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 7: Feelings Sunk in the Blue
Scene 1: Your Hiding Place, Start
raw video link here!


My body enters the torrent of darkness.
There is nothing before my eyes but blackness. I can't even tell which way is up or down.
Link: Which way do I go…
Then--
A line of light shines in the darkness.
The light is as slender as a thread, but I feel strength and warmth from it.
I see--
Link: This is… the light that Lippy connected to Sara…
I follow the line of light and leave behind the darkness.
Then.
I suddenly feel myself falling.
Link: Waah!?
Splaaaaaash!
The next thing I know, I've fallen into the water. ...Unlike the stream where I fought Zephyr, the water is deep.
I panic and break the surface, where I calm down and look around.
And I see…
Link: The ocean.
A vast, vast ocean.
The ocean extends as far as I can see. Only a single small island stands alone.
I remember what we talked about on the beach back then.
Sara: Do you remember the island I mentioned when we reached my village?
Link: You mean the place you said you used to swim to a lot?
Sara: Yeah. Sometimes… when I was a kid, I wanted to be alone.
Sara: I had my very own secret base.
...the place in Sara's memories...
The place I reached when our hearts connected.
This is where Sara's wounds lie.
Link: ...Sara… must be over there…
With that certainty in my heart, I begin to swim toward the island.

I reach the island's beach and look around again.
If I remember right… she mentioned a cove on the other side of the island.
And--
There are small footprints in the sand along the beach.
When I look in the direction the footprints are heading--
Link: …?
--My eyes meet those of a small girl.
Girl: ...who are you… Mister? Why are you here?
Link: Why, huh…
...this girl must be…
Link: Umm. ...I wanted to see you. So I came here.
Girl: Really?
Link: Yeah. I wanted to talk with you.
Girl: Oh, okay. ...Ehehe. That's great.
Girl: ...if we keep going, I have my very own secret base. Let's talk there~!
Link: Yeah. ...let's do that.
Guided by the girl, I begin walking on the path towards her secret base.

No comments:

Post a Comment