Friday, May 1, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.6.06 - Evil on the Highest Floor, End

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 6: To Where You Are
Scene 6: Evil on the Highest Floor, End
raw video link here!


I run, tearing through the miasma in my way.
I head toward the pitch-black crystal that swallowed Sara.
Feil laughs loudly as he gazes at the crystal surrounded by swirling darkness.
Feil: How beautiful! The magical amplifier is being dyed black by the unchecked darkness in her heart!
Feil: The darkness is all the deeper because was is born from the light. This magical crystal is a cocoon.
Feil: She has given up on herself. What kind of powerful monster will she become with Asmodeus's power!?
Feil: And how much will she crush your spirits!?
This is the worst possible situation…
Asmodeus uses its power on Sara was the worst case we could imagine.
But--
Link: (Even so… we won't give up!)
"We" had figured out what each of us could do if that happened.
Link: (I'm counting on you, Zephyr!)
There's no way he can hear the plea of my heart, but--
Zephyr: --Like we'd let you!!
Zephyr shoots a spell at Feil from where he had been hiding behind a pillar.
But with his position known, his attack doesn't come as a surprise.
Shiiiiing.
Feil creates a magical shield with the hand not holding Sara's eyes and repels the attack.
Feil: ...so Zephyr was the one over there. In that case--
Velvet: Haaaaaaaaaa!
Next is Velvet, jumping down from on high with a swipe of her claws.
Feil: You were up there -- haa!
Velvet: Guh!?
She was also blocked by a spell, and she goes flying.
Next--
Yuri: Rrrrrrrah!
Yuri leaps from where he had been hiding behind Velvet and slashes at Feil.
The two of them had been in the same place--
One of them would go first, then the other would attack from behind them right after--
Shiiiiiing!
Feil: I knew you were there too. I just didn't say it.
Yuri's slash is blocked by another shield spell.
With that, our plan--
Feil: Too bad. You three wanted to take back this crystal, but I saw right through you.
His words--
--mean that our plan has succeeded.
Whoosh!
Feil: --!?
With a swish of air, a single arrow pierces through Feil's arm.
The crystal containing Sara's sight falls from his hand.
An extraordinarily skillfull "archery attack" from far away, too far for Feil to perceive--


Carried out by the one whose power was stolen by the bow monster.
We thought up this plan while we were fighting with the monsters.
Feil is cunning, so the only way to catch him off-guard would be to attack him from outside of his surveillance range. We wouldn't be able to do that.
But if it was someone Feil hadn't taken note of -- if it was that skilled archer -- he would be able to make the shot.
I'd told them to ask for his assistance -- and it looks like they'd successfully secured his cooperation.
Yuri quickly picks up Sara's sight from where it's fallen.
Yuri: Thanks for the exposition. But no one said there were only three of us.
Feil: Tch… how annoying… I should've killed him right away…
Feil: ...but now that we've come this far, it doesn't matter that you've taken it back.
Feil: Your precious friend is changing into a monster inside that black crystal.
Feil's jeering voice doesn't sway me at all.
Zephyr: Allen! We're all set here! Now--
Zephyr and the others did it.
Kana: We'll take care of this!
Kana: O suppressing light!
The light emanating from Kana wraps around the black crystal.
The bright light scatters and holds back the swirl of darkness.
Feil: Hmph… you're using a spell of light to suppress the darkness amplifier. But it's too little, too late.
Feil: ...there is no limit to how much darkness can be born from a heart.
Feil: Once Asmodeus enters into her heart, it will be too late. You won't even be able to defeat her.
Feil speaks with absolute confidence.
But--
Kana: There's… a way to reach her. Something only one person can do.
Feil: What…?
Kana: Allen! Lippy! I'll hold back the miasma… take care of Sara!

Kana's voice reaches my ears.
I think as I run.
This adventure isn't about fighting.

Darkness is born from wounds of the heart. Wounds in Sara's heart that I don't yet know about.
I'll heal those wounds.
Fighting isn't my strong point -- but healing spells are my specialty.
That's why--

Link: Lippy! Connect me to Sara… once more!
Lippy: Please leave it to me! Our souls are connected--
Lippy: --just like they were that day!
I try-- to touch your soul--
Link: Haaaaaaaa!
I jump into the pitch-black crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment