Sunday, February 16, 2014

Persona x Detective Naoto: Afterword

onwaaaaards

picture thanks to herrDoktorat; if unknown original source wants credit, let me know!


Afterword

Looking back now that it’s over, I realized this incident is a “crossroads of life”.  For me, it was surely a “crossroads of life” when I received the request for this work from the chief editor.

The story I received was a “Persona x Dengeki Bunko” collaborative project with seriously high, 120% expectations.  It came as an unreasonable, big surprise that really thrilled me, as an author fresh off his debut.

Even so, the reason I took on this project is because I really love “Persona 4”.  I was also convinced it would be an irreplaceable experience for me.

To tell the truth, the days since I took on this work were a series of discoveries.  Game and novel.  There were new, refreshing approaches to production, and everything was a learning experience.  I feel like I learned much while working with everyone in the Persona team and was able to mature as an author.

Katsura Hashino-san, who pointed me in the right direction when I was lost; Yuuichirou Tanaka-san, who gave me detailed advice on the setting; Shigenori Soejima-san, who drew wonderful designs; Shuuji Sogabe-san, who provided lively illustrations; and everyone else at Index.  Also Eguchi-san and Honda-san of ASCII Media Works.  Dengeki Bunko’s Oyama-san and the chief editor Kumeta-san and all the people who helped with this work.  I am truly grateful.

When I think about it, I was supported by such distinguished people.  My heart is deeply moved.  I’m very happy.  I’m really glad I became an author.

It doesn’t seem like I’ll easily repay my debt to everyone.  Please give me some time.  Looking back now, I think I dedicated myself as the author Natsuki Mamiya so that I would be worthy of your help.

I’ve left the most important thing for last.

This completed work, “Persona x Detective Naoto”, exists for you readers more than anyone.  If you enjoyed it even just a little, there could be no greater honor.

I look forward to the day we meet again.  This has been Natsuki Mamiya.



2 comments:

  1. I'd like to thank you for this!
    Just by the way, I've put all your translations together into a PDF and EPUB (so I can read it on my eReader), just in case you've any problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks to the author & translator for the amazing story.

    ReplyDelete