Friday, August 16, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.1.03 - A Joyful Table, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 1: The Nostalgic Breeze of Maira
Scene 3: A Joyful Table, Start
Raw video download


...Dad is in an extremely good mood.
Whenever something good happens, he'll always drink lots of sake and talk merrily, to the point of being a little rowdy.
Little by little, he reveals more about my past in response to everyone's questions -- especially Kana's questions about my childhood.
Kiriya: Sara's always loved moving around. She would run about until the sun went down.
Ugh… I'm a little embarrassed..
Magine: But a few times a year, she'd want to act girly. When that happened, she would wear a skirt.
Magine: But she wasn't used to it, so every time she moved, I'd always have to warn her to watch herself...
Aww… Mom too…
But even if it's embarrassing… I can feel their warmth.
As everyone learns more about me, I feel like I'm entrusting them with my burdens.
Everyone is smiling as they listen -- and once again, I'm glad I met them. I'm glad I met you.
Kiriya: She's always wanted to be spoiled. It's because it took all of us to make a living.
Kiriya: Magine and Caesar have been helping out with my job since she was a kid.
Kiriya: So when Sara saw one of us three…
Kiriya: She'd follow us around on the brink of tears. "Hurry home," she'd say.
That's right…
Lippi: Oh. Well, that's…
Kana: I wouldn't have guessed it from the way Sara is now.
Sara: ...that's how I used to be.
Kiriya: Well, that's because Caesar started showing her all sorts of things once she was old enough to understand.
Kiriya: So in the end, she became our number one energetic daughter!
Sara: Forget everything he just said!
My cheeks are burning with embarrassment.
There are things that are okay to talk about, and those that aren't.
But Dad's cheerful reminiscing pays absolutely no mind to his daughter's pleading look…
...and the conversation continues until the huge array of food on the table is all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment