Friday, August 30, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.1.05 - Rocked by the Waves, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 1: The Nostalgic Breeze of Maira
Scene 5: Rocked by the Waves, Start
Raw video download


Kiriya: Supposedly it's on the orders of some bigshot. ...When I went over to sell fish, they gave this to me. They're handing around official notices.
Sara: "--In the near future, we will be bringing back the solemn rites of the Night of Blooming Stars passed down through the royal family of Clariye since ancient times. This will bestow great blessings upon our country."
Lippy: "To maintain the solemnity of the ceremony, all travel into and out of the country, including visitors and commercial enterprises, is strictly forbidden for the next three months."
Lippy: Wha!? Is this what is referred to as a diplomatic break?
Kiriya: Yeah, that's right. If I get close, the soldiers on lookout drive me back.
Sara: ...Dad, was this celebration always around?
Kiriya: Nope, I haven't heard of it before. My fishing buddies from out of Clariye said they hadn't heard of it either.
Kiriya gulps from the sake bottle in his hand as he curses at Clariye.
Lippy: Hm… so the islanders don't know of it either...
Kana: They're holding an ancient celebration bring about fortune all of a sudden…
Zephyr: You love celebrations and it's not even getting a reaction out of you, huh?
Kana: Well, of course. It's totally suspicious. It must have something to do with the Seeds.
Zephyr: Yeah, probably. It's a disaster brought about by the Seeds themselves or by someone controlled by the Seeds.
Link: Whatever the case, we have to go to Clariye and find out for ourselves.
Lippy: But how will we get there? It seems they're handing out notices to ensure we cannot approach their territory…
Zephyr: Even so, we'll have to get a closer look first. ...it'd be great if we could get a ship.
Upon hearing Zephyr's proposal, Sara looks like she remembers something and speaks to Kiriya.
Sara: Hey, Dad! ...the old boat I used to use. Is it still around?
As could be expected, Kiriya is tired out from so much rowdiness. He's half-asleep as he answers.
Kiriya: Huh? Ahh, yeah, it is.
Sara: Can we borrow it for a bit?
Kiriya: I don't mind… but… don't go… too far…
The end of his sentence is lost in a snore.
I don't think Kiriya really understands what we plan to use the boat for -- but we don't want to worry him, so we'll just think of this as a matter of convenience.
Without further delay, we follow Sara to the wharf where the boat is moored.

Sara: So now we have a boat, but…
Sara's brows furrow with worry.
Sara: It's pretty old. It'd be dangerous to take a long trip without reinforcing it.
Lippy: Please leave that to me! I'll repair it overnight so we may use it without qualm.
Kana: Wow! You're amazing, Lippy!
Zephyr: You know, lately I've started to think you're kind of ridiculous.
Lippy: No no, not at all. You see, ship repair is one of my hobbies.
Lippy: However… regarding this boat… you absolutely must not spy on me as I repair it…
Sara: Why do you have that rule just for a boat?

The next day.
There is a "ship" in front of us.
Lippy: The repairs have been successfully completed! This ship will now take us to Clariye!
Link/Zephyr: … / …
Zephyr and I are speechless.
Kana: Whoa, cool! What an amazing ship!
At the same time, Kana is gushing without reservation.
Sara: It's bigger than before… I wouldn't call that "repair," it's like you built it new…
Sara stares at the ship in front of us with surprise, as if seeing an illusion.
Lippy: Not at all. I simply used a few small tricks on the original boat.
Lippy: I considered our comfort while sailing and fiddled with the wiring, and I loaded it with small functions I thought would be of use during a sea voyage…
Lippy: Naturally, I cannot simply build a ship…
Even so…
All of the wood in the ship before us has clearly been replaced, and the ship itself has even gotten bigger.
The deck of the ship is slightly larger, and on it sits a stone statue that wasn't there yesterday.
It's a statue of a very familiar goddess that seems to be for praying for safety during sea voyages.
Lippy: Mm. What a divine figure! If we pray to Lady Leone, there will surely be smooth sailing ahead for this ship, and nothing shall obstruct our way!
Lippy: Ah, praise be… praise be…
As I watch Lippy pray reverently to the statue, my mind is filled with extremely obvious questions.
To summarize--
Link: How in the world did you "repair" it so it ended up like this…
Lippy: --Please rest assured! I did not use any kind of black magic or demonic sorcery.
Lippy: Now please step aboard! We are departing for Clariye!

No comments:

Post a Comment