Thursday, August 22, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.1.04 - A Joyful Table, End

something it took me far too long to notice: the text box background differs depending on who the narrating character is supposed to be. for this chapter it's Allen!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 1: The Nostalgic Breeze of Maira
Scene 4: A Joyful Table, End



Full of sake, Kiriya alternated between laughing loudly and sobbing as he reminisced about Sara's past.
And now, he suddenly overflows with murderous intent.
Kiriya: So? Which of you damn brats is after my cute daughter?
Zephyr: This guy.
Sara: Hey! Zephyr! What're you talking about!?
Kiriya: I see… so you're the one…
A piercing glare is directed straight at me.
...Then.
Kiriya: Hahaha! You're a fine man. I trust my judgment! You've got a manly look in your eyes. I like you!
...He slaps my shoulder with all his strength.
Link: ...Ah, um… yes… I'm honored.
Kiriya: Come on, eat up! We've got tons of delicious fish. Oh, right! I should grab some of that!
Zephyr: Huh…? --Hey, look, things are going well. How 'bout it, partner? Aren't you glad I'm helping you out?
Link: You just said "huh?", Zephyr.
Zephyr: But you're so manly. Don't sweat the details.
Lippy/Kana: Meoooow!
Zephyr: --!? Ow!? What's with you guys!? Don't jump on me out of nowhere!
Kana: Ehehe. Sara told us, "Go!"
Lippy: We were ordered to let fall the hammer of justice… and I will carry out my orders to the best of my ability.
Sara: Oh, honestly…
Zephyr: Haha. I might've gotten carried away a little. My bad.
My partner scratches his head, looking embarrassed. I shove him lightly but decide to forgive him.
Then Kiriya emerges from the kitchen, carrying a plate loaded with brightly colored sashimi.
Kiriya: Hoy! Try some of this! It's wildly delicious!
Lippy: Oh my! Those colors! Could this be the legendary Restless Tuna!?
Kiriya: Oh! You've heard of it, little guy!
Lippy: Naturally! I've always wanted to try preparing it. It's a premium ingredient!
Lippy: Ah, but… this is… is it all right to take some?
Kiriya: Yeah. I don't mind. ...I caught it, but there's no way to sell it. And letting it spoil would be a waste.
Sara: ...huh? There's no way to sell it? What do you mean, Dad?
At Sara's question--
Kiriya's cheerful expression vanishes. He scratches his head worriedly as he answers.
Kiriya: Well... lately, we can't sell our catches to Clariye…
Kiriya: I don't really get it… but that country isn't letting anyone enter for trade!
Sara: You said… Clariye?
That's the name of our destination.
It's where we're picking up the signal from the Seeds of Ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment