Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.4.04 - Barracks ~Demon of the Circle~, End

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 4: The Grasping Darkness
Scene 4: Barracks ~Demon of the Circle~, End
raw video link here!


I can tell when we fight it.
Sara: Ugh! That arte--! It's Yuri's!?
This monster's sword style is unmistakeably Yuri's.
Sesque: It's a quite convenient spell. I've named it Anchor Snatch.
Sesque: It extracts the power recorded inside a person, using a magical construct as an anchor.
Sesque: I can put the anchor wherever I want and it can then use that power.
Sesque: Though it is slightly problematic.Since it is a forceful theft, if the source dies, they lose that power.
Sesque: I'll need to conduct more research before it can become a permanent acquisition.
He lectures on, looking relaxed. As I listen with half an ear--
We barely manage to attack and defend against the monster, whose movements have completely changed from before.
Yuri: This thing's really tough!
Wielding his sword in his non-dominant hand, Yuri intercepts and deflects his own artes.
--But. Another monster appears behind Sesque, shooting through his stance.
???: Raaaaaah!
Yuri: Huh!?
The new monster is holding a bow. It stood in Yuri's blind spot, loosing an arrow that accurately pierced through him.
Yuri: Ugh!?
He's sent flying by the bow monster's arrow and hits the wall.
Even if he can't move his dominant arm, Yuri is a master swordsman. To be able to shoot him like that…
--Maybe it's power that was stolen from someone just as skilled as Yuri.
Yuri: ...That… archery… so that's how it is… looks like… he ended up in trouble…
The sword monster brings its sword high above its head, preparing to swing it down on Yuri where he lies.
Zephyr: Yuri!
Sesque: Not so fast.
Then -- Sesque stops the monster just as it's swinging down its sword.
Sesque: You can't kill Yuri. We'll lose the power we worked so hard to get.
Sesque: Capture him. Keep him just barely alive. Throw him in the castle prison.
Sesque: And I can't let you two get killed either. It's for my own goal.
Goal?
His strange actions catch Sara and me off-guard. And then--
He doesn't let that single moment, when we're caught in our own suspicious thoughts, slip by.
Demon: Roooooooar!
Bow monster: Raaaaaaaah!
Sara: --!?
Zephyr: Aghhhh!?
Sara: Ahhhhhh!
Unable to dodge, we both take their attacks and are sent flying--
We hit the wall hard.
I manage to land well, but--
I've… taken a lot of damage…
My consciousness is slipping away.
Baaaaaaaaam!
I hear the sounds of battle coming from far away.
Sesque: Hmph. I ordered them to fight if they saw them… it looks like your friends are here. Let's hurry it up.
Zephyr: (What… this spell… it's strong…)
Sesque: Don't worry. You'll just sleep for a bit. ...all the preparations will be done by the time you wake up.
Sesque: ...Though normally you wouldn't be affected by a spell like this. But since you're this tired… see.
Sesque: While you're sleeping, I'll take a look with Asmodeus and figure out which of you two is closer to my goal.
That voice is the last thing I hear before I lose consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment