Saturday, January 25, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.4.07 - Creeping Darkness, Epilogue

and that's it for chapter four. o/ there's a POV switch partway through; first and third sections are Allen, second is Sara!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 4: The Grasping Darkness
Scene 7: Creeping Darkness, Epilogue
raw video link here!


Sara: No… why!?
Link: Sara! Calm down--
Feil: Don't move. I'll crush this ball of magic if you do.
Feil: Then you will never be able to undo the seal on that girl's eyes.
Feil: She'll never be able to see again, you know?
Link: --!?
His cool voice echoes through the room, stabbing into our hearts.
His words stop me in my tracks.
Sara: …
Sara's face is terrified.
Lippy: ...you demon…!
Feil: Hahaha… I'll at least allow you to move your mouths. Now then, Link. I'll start with you.
In the next moment--
The demon swings its powerful arm and sends me flying.
Link: Gaaaaah!?
The strong impact reverbrates through my whole body, and I crash hard into the wall.
Link: ...ugh…!
Feil: You understand the rules, right?
Feil: None of you are allowed to move. If you do, I'll crush this power.
Feil: I'll beat you to death by inches while you can't move.
Feil: If you don't want that, there's an easy way out. Just move, and you can fight me in exchange for this girl's eyesight.
Feil: But that's fine with me.
The demon slowly turns toward its next target.
It raises its powerful arm over Yuri.
Yuri: ...geez… you've got to be kidding me…
He takes the punch without moving and is sent flying into the wall just the same way.
Feil: Good boy. What about you?
Next is Velvet.
Velvet: Tch… what a pain…
Velvet too doesn't move, and she is hit with its fist and goes flying.
Feil: Good job. But this demon's fist must really hurt.
Feil: Isn't about time for one of you to abandon this power and challenge it to fight?
Lippy: Guaaaaaah!?
He knows us.
Zephyr: Guh! Gaaah!?
He knows how we feel about our friends.
Kana: Guuuuh!?
He knows we can't do that--
Feil: Hahaha… that's what I thought.
My consciousness is fading. As my vision narrows, I see Feil standing there, delighted.
And--
So begins a beating so one-sided it can't be called a fight.

...in the darkness.
I can only hear sounds and voices.
Link: Gaaaaaah!?
Kana: Aaaaaaah!
I hear the sounds and voices of my friends being hurt.
Sara: What… is this…
I can't see anything in the darkness.
I can only hear my friends screaming.
Sara: Stop!
Yuri: Ugh!?
Lippy: Gaah!?
I want to help them.
I want to help everyone!
I try to stand up--
--but there's some sort of debris under my feet, and I trip and fall.
Sara: Ahh…!
This isn't the time to be tripping.
Everyone is…
Mixed in with the screams, I can hear someone talking.
Feil: You're all holding up well. I'm truly amazed.
Feil: Sara. You can hear your friends screaming, right?
Feil: They're all doing it for you. It's a beautiful thing.
Feil: Terrible things are happening to them because of you.
(Link:) Stop… that…
Sara: Link!?
Feil: Right. Just like that. It's all for you.
No.
Horrible things are happening to them and it's all my fault.
Sara: Please! Everyone! Forget about me! Run!
I raise my voice, but--
Velvet: Guhhhh!?
Zephyr: Ugh…
In the darkness, the screams ring out without end…
--Stop…
Stop…
(Sara:) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sara's scream cuts painfully through my hazy consciousness.
Sorry…
I'm sorry…
But still… even though I see that look on her face…
I can't move…

I can't…

Lippy: Ugh… my deepest… apologies… everyone! I will not… allow us… to be destroyed like this!
Lippy: I will accept any punishment for this sin!
Lippy pulls together magical power, and I know he's readying some kind of spell.
In the next moment.
Sara, Lippy, and I--
Zephyr and Kana--
Yuri and Velvet--
All of our bodies are enveloped in the light from Lippy's spell.
Link: (This light is… translocation…)
Lippy is granting Sara's wish.
I feel my body melting into the light and being carried elsewhere.
Feil: Huh. That's a translocation spell I've never seen before.
Feil: I expected that fairy to teleport them… but not with a new spell.
Feil: It'll take a little while to track them down.
Feil: As I thought. That fairy really is diligent, polishing his spells every day without fail. I'm amazed.
Feil: Now then. Time to move to the next stage of my plan.
Feil: ...Nidhogg, who could destroy mountains, islands, and the planet itself. But there was something it couldn't destroy. Something even greater than that.
Feil: Something that will destroy what Nidhogg, with all its power, could not.
Feil: I'll grind those bonds of yours into dust.
Feil: That will be the sign of true destruction…

The warmth of the light that surrounds us--
And the darkness in which I can't see anything--
Make me remember, just a little bit. The sound of faraway waves -- the scent of the salty breeze--

Back when I was me--
And those memories--
Those memories--
Deep inside--
Deep inside--

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment