Saturday, February 1, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.01 - Memories of the Seafloor, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 1: Memories of the Seafloor, Start
raw video link here!


The child was crying.
This time, it wasn't in that park.
At night, buried in her futon, in the darkness, she was crying.
Why was she crying?
It was because she heard something scary.
The people she loved yelling at each other--
Voices arguing--
The sound of things crashing. The sound of things breaking--
The child was very scared, and just like that day, she chanted.
"Don't… leave me…"
"Don't leave me…"
No.
I'll link them together.
I'll try my hardest.
--So stay together, everyone.
I'll do my best.
In my futon, in the darkness, I continued to pray.
But even if I closed my eyes, even if I couldn't see anything, even if I covered my ears--
The voices, the sounds, assailed me.
I cried, not knowing what to do, and waited for time to pass.
Tomorrow, I'll be able to try hard, still feeling the same way.
That's right. Tomorrow, I'll go somewhere without sounds or voices.
My very own secret base. I'll go to that place that's so close to me.
So I can get the strength to work hard--

And then I suddenly realize.
I've accidentally remembered.
That child is still there, even now.
She never went away.
She's always, always… been at the bottom of the seafloor.

My vision lightens and I see my surroundings.
Crash!
Link: Agh!?
I don't have a chance to catch my balance, and my body falls from the air and hits the hard ground.
Link: This… is…
I somehow hold on to my hazy consciousness and look around with my blurred vision.
Right in front of my eyes is a familiar goddess… statue.
Link: Our… ship…
We've been moved to the deck of the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment