Saturday, February 8, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.03 - Opposing Feelings, Start

starts off Sara POV, then moves to Zephyr!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 3: Opposing Feelings, Start
raw video link here!


The sounds echo in the darkness.

My weak self -- my frightened self -- the self I sunk there.
Why am I remembering them?
I should have forgotten about them.

It happened at that moment -- that I know.
I couldn't stop listening.
The sounds that echoed as I was surrounded in darkness--


Two days after our escape--
We pushed ourselves and somehow managed to reach the place where we'd pitched camp a few days ago.
There's a thriving forest atop the cliff by the coast.
We pitch camp there and let our injuries heal.
Allen still isn't in a condition where he can safely use healing spells.
He's restless and worried… but forcing ourselves now won't change anything.
Right now, we first have to collect more information.

Lippy: I've finished analyzing the SMARTPHON recording.
Lippy: The demon is called Asmodeus. It was sealed away by the gods.
Lippy: It predates even the ancient age of black magic. It is a demon born to in the age of the gods to oppose them, possessing the power to create evil.
Zephyr: ...Dunno where he found it, but he contained it inside the circle to use that revolting spell, huh.
Lippy: Asmodeus has the power to read hearts and memories.
Lippy: It contacts one's heart and memories and crawls through, using dark emotions as a beacon. Then it amplifies them, infecting the life and soul with evil.
Lippy: Then, little by little, it turned the people of the castle into monsters, its pawns, and started eating away at the country.
Something is bothering me as I listen to Lippy.
I remember what he said.
Sesque: While you're sleeping, I'll take a look with Asmodeus and figure out which of you two is closer to my goal.
...And then he'd chosen Sara. He detected something in her, not me.
What is he after?
What did he see, using that demon?

The tent where Sara's group is staying--
Link: So, Zephyr?
I'm now able to move around a little, so I'm examining the spell that's on Sara.
Zephyr: There's no change in the spell.
Link: You mean…
It's the same feeling as Yuri's case--
I sense power flowing outwards somewhere, into the crystal of power that he holds.
There should be some kind of pooling effect if it loses its destination.
Zephyr: I mean her sight still exists. It's fine.
Sara: Really? Good…
Sara looks relieved.
Zephyr: Yeah. Just take it easy for now. Once everyone's healed up, we're gonna rush in and crush that bastard.
I brag flippantly.
...I feel weird about the way I'm acting.
I'm making everyone look on the bright side and move forward.
--But that's Allen's job. I'm not suited to it. I know that.
But--
Sara: That's right. Ah… but… if the same thing happens…
Link: Don't worry. We'll come up with a plan. So just… wait a little longer.
Maybe he didn't want to make her continue speaking. He forces the words out, interrupting her.
He really is acting a bit different.
Of course I know the reason. The one who was hurt, who's suffering now, is none other than Sara.
Sara: ...yeah. Okay. ...Thanks.
Sara smiles broadly.
But across from her -- grief crosses Allen's face for just a moment.
Even if Sara can't see it, it's suppressed right away.
And Allen returns her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment