Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.02 - Memories of the Seafloor, End

hm. the verb used in the last part, "zureta," is the same one used in the chapter title. if I can find a good phrase that works for both, I may update it.

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 2: Memories of the Seafloor, End
raw video link here!


Yuri: Ugh… why… are we here…? How… did we get away…?
Lippy: ...one of the useful features… the goddess statue collects magic and places one end of a translocation spell here…
The goddess statue is letting off a faint light.
It seems we were able to use its power to leave town and be transported here.
Lippy: ...cough cough…! ...translocation over such a distance… takes its toll…
Yuri: You…
Lippy: My apologies… everyone…
Lippy: I couldn't let… everyone die… like that…
Lippy: But I am still inexperienced… and this was all I could do…
Yuri: ...oh… sorry… Lippy…

Lippy had known what would happen if we ran.
Even so, that was what Lippy had chosen.
Lippy: I will accept… any and all punishment…
Lippy's voice is mixed with tears, but even so, his will is strong.
That is conveyed clearly, and she speaks to him gently.
Sara: Lippy… it's fine.
Lippy: Lady Sara…
Sara: Thanks for saving everyone.
Sara: It was my own mistake that -- let my sight get taken. And I didn't want you all to get hurt.
Sara: So -- thank you.
Lippy: ...uuu…!
Sara's voice, her words, reach Lippy.
Her gentle voice encourages her friends, just like always.
But that's why Lippy--
Zephyr: Sara. Give it a rest. If you say that, Lippy will feel even more like it's his fault.
Zephyr speaks teasingly, at odds with the atmosphere, and Kana snaps at him in response.
Kana: Hey, Zephyr! You can't just say--
Zephyr: What're you so worried about…? It's fine. As long as we're alive, there are all sorts of things we can do.
It's Zephyr's favorite saying.
Zephyr: You did it so we would live to see a next time. Good job, Lippy.
Zephyr: But you won't listen how many times we say it, so let's make it simple. Let's just get Sara's sight back and then we'll call it even.
Lippy: ...Most… most definitely…!
Zephyr: Sara's sight must be safe. That bastard won't let go of his hostage that easily.
For Zephyr, it's an incredibly optimistic outlook.
Yuri: I think so too… though I've got no idea what he's got to do with you all.
Yuri: Guys like that are all the same…
Yuri adds in his two cents too.
We've got not proof, but he decides to focus on the future.
They're speaking that way on purpose. Of course we would know what they're trying to do.
Link: Yes… I'm sure… it'll be fine.
Link: We'll take it back. I'm sure we can. So just you wait, Sara.
Sara: Link…
Zephyr: Yeah. You know better than anyone what he's capable of, right, Sara?
He nods suddenly.
Seeing that, Kana--
Kana: ...yeah…!
Zephyr: …?
Kana: Yeah, that's right! With that's decided, let's g--eek!?
Kana starts to raise her arm, but then her voice suddenly tightens.
Velvet, who has been standing with her back to the side of the boat, watches her with exasperation.
Velvet: I'd like to take back my stolen power… but I'd like to heal first.
Velvet: Even his underlings would be tough to beat in this condition.
Kana: Owww… my head was so stuffed with all that's happened, I forgot… now that I think about it, we're hurt…
Yuri: Right, even if we decide what to do… first we have to… heal our wounds.
Yuri: I can't even walk straight…
That's right…
Right now… I should do what I can…
Link: I'll… heal us right now…
I focus magical power and start a spell to heal everyone--
--!?
Link: Ugh…!
There's a sharp pain in my head, and the spell goes awry.
Lippy: ...Master Link… you musn't…!
Sara: W-what happened!?
Just now… was that…
Zephyr: You're the one who got the worst of it… you've taken too much damage.
Zephyr: Just rest… you'd be risking your life to cast a strong healing spell in that state.
Sara: --!?
Link: But… we have to hurry!
I have to heal our wounds quickly.
And then we can go after him.
Link: We have to get it back…
Sara: Link! Stop!
At Sara's cry, I get ahold of myself.
Sara: ...I'm fine! So please, rest for now. Okay?
Sara says, smiling.
But Sara's eyes rely only on my voice to find my direction.
Her straightforward eyes have always looked right at me.
She's -- just a little off.
She's off.

No comments:

Post a Comment