Thursday, February 27, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.5.07 - The Sound of Waves, Start

starts on Sara, then moves to Link.

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 5: An Off-Kilter World
Scene 7: The Sound of Waves, Start
raw video link here!


A voice, battered by waves, inside my heart.
A voice that rises up at the same time.
At times like this I really have to work hard!
It's bad if I don't--
If I'm not working hard, I'm no good--

I'm scared. My heart is racing, but--
That's why I want the strength to stand.
That's right.
At the very least, even if it's only a little--
I should go to my place--


How many nights have passed?
The damage everyone took has mostly healed.
We'll be able to move soon.
Then I'll heal everyone's wounds. We'll go to "him" as soon as possible and take back what was stolen.
Sara's sight and Yuri and Velvet's power.
The question is how to take them back.
I can envision him unfairly using everyone's powers as a shield again.
It'll be hard to enact the rescue like this.
What do we do…
--Then.
I'm so lost in my thoughts, I sense the presence too late.
Rustle!
Link: --!?
There's the sound of the grass shaking. It's not a natural sound.
There's something there!
It's fine if it's a wild animal, but if it's monsters or an enemy attack…!
On the alert, I look to where the sound came from.
Sara: Oww… I tripped again…
Link: Sara! Why are you here!?
Sara: Eh? ...Um? Eh? Link? Are you there? Sorry, I didn't notice at all…
Link: It's fine… but it's dangerous to come out here.
She's not even in any shape to notice me nearby, but she's still walking through the forest alone at night…
Sara looks apologetic.
Sara: Ah… sorry, Link. You're right. That was pretty reckless of me… right.
Sara: ...it's funny. It's obvious when I think about it. I wonder why I came out here. ...I'm really sorry.
Link: No, I'm sure you must have had a reason. Go ahead, I'm listening.
Sara fiddles with her hair a little, as if it's hard to say.
She answers my question.
Sara: ...well. I wanted to go to the ocean.
Link: ...the ocean?
Sara: It's a memory… from when I was a child.
Sara: Whenever something bad happened… I would always go to the ocean. I would listen to the sound of the waves, surrounded by the sea breeze…
Sara: I would swim with all my might. ...It was really relaxing.
Sara: So that's why… just for a little while… I can't go into the water, but at least the sound of the waves and the breeze…
Sara continues.
Sara: ...sorry. You don't get it, huh. I'll go back to my tent.
Sara says, and then starts walking again.
I grab her hand.
Sara: Ah…
She jerks as if in surprise…
Link: Ah! Sorry… I scared you because I suddenly touched you, huh.
Sara: N-no! ...just a little. But it's totally fine! Yeah.
Link: Then that's good. Hey, Sara. Let's go to the ocean. I'll go with you.
If it would help Sara feel even a little bit better.
It wouldn't change our situation, but even so, it's the least I can do for her right now.
Sara: ...thanks, Link.
Sara nods, and I smile.
Link: Then let's go. It's this way. Take your time and watch your step.
I lead Sara by the hand.
Sara: Okay.
Link: Isn't walking hard? Do you want me to carry you like before?
Sara: Huh!? N-no! I'm fine! I do want to move around a bit.
It's true that it's not good for your either if you spend too long not moving.
I'll let Sara decide.
And so, slowly, we walk forward.
Towards the sound of breaking and rushing on the sand--
Towards the sound of waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment