Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Tales of Link, main story: 2.4.01 - Barracks ~Scream of Despair~, Start

WOW those lines that are pretty much exactly the same between Allen and Zephyr...

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 4: The Grasping Darkness
Scene 1: Barracks ~Scream of Despair~, Start
raw video link here!


Sara: Zephyr!?
Yuri: ...Hey, are you okay…!?
The shock from when I forcibly broke the circle mows down the soldiers in the room.
My breathing is ragged. Sara and Yuri approach me.
Zephyr: ...Like I'd let you have me again…
Yuri: What?
Zephyr: No, don't worry about it. I… figured out what this circle was…
Zephyr: --This circle uses the darkness in a person's heart to turn them into a monster!
--Then.
??: Grrrrrr…
The voice seems to echo from the ground beneath us. Black miasma begins to spew from the center of the circle.
Yuri: ...What…
The miasma swirls in the air and gathers… taking a form like that of a reaper.
Zephyr: It was living in the circle…
Zephyr: It meddles with the small darknesses inside humans, stealing their lives and making them into monsters… a cursed monster…
No… this can't be called a monster.
Zephyr: A demon…
The circle plants this in humans, just like planting a seed, using them as vessels to change them into monsters.
The circle is much, much more sinister than I had imagined.
Zephyr: This evil thing… who the hell came up with it?
Yuri: In the end, it's gotta be that fortuneteller, right?
Yuri looks at the soldiers collapsed in front of him.
Yuri: In that case, what's gonna happen to these guys here…?
--The Conformers. The people who stepped into that circle…
...Then. The bodies of the collapsed soldiers begin to warp.
They had taken the form of humans… but then they begin to change into black fog, into miasma--
Zephyr: They're… monsters…!
Sesque: --!?
The miasma swirls and soldifies, forming the shape of a monster.
Sesque: They're… monsters!?
Sesque: Then that means everyone in my unit had turned into monsters!?
Sesque: How… why!? What the hell is going on in this country!?
Sesque screams in despair--
But as I listen to him, I'm thinking about something else.
Zephyr: (These things… how come I didn't pick up on them with my envoy senses or with the detection arte!?)
I'd used a detection arte when we'd entered. It should have noticed them.
How come I don't feel anything from them?
Strange things have been happening one after another ever since we came to this country.
It's as if something is wrong with my senses--
Something wrong?
No… maybe… it's that something is making them go wrong--
Something that interferes with heavenly power and makes it go wrong.
It wouldn't be impossible if you had the knowledge…
But there's no one who can make that happen now.
...if there is… who could it be?
Yuri: Here they come!
Yuri's voice cuts through my hesitation--
And our fight with the monsters begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment