Tuesday, December 31, 2019

IDOLiSH7 Twelve Fantasia: Kyoto: Tea Ceremony Experience

so anyway, I don't know anything about the tea ceremony, except that if tea is bitter, you're probably Doing It Wrong. if you're interested, here's the Wiki article and a site that is better qualified to educate you than I am.

IDOLiSH7 Twelve Fantasia
Kyoto: Tea Ceremony Experience


Tsumugi: We're here! It's this shop. We reserved with costumes, so I hope you enjoy today's tea ceremony with kimono.
Nagi: I'm so glad I get to experience traditional Japanese culture.
Momo: You looked like you were having a lot of fun while we were coming here.
Nagi: YES! Kyoto has a lot of places I think of when I think of Japan. It was great.
Tsumugi: You went sightseeing a lot in your free time, too.
Nagi: I fully enjoyed the sights of Kyoto. The city is so interesting. It's like a chessboard.
Gaku: Ah, you can get lost if you're not paying attention.
Tenn: There's a song to remember the street names.
Ryuu: If it's a song, kids can learn it too.
Nagi: Kyoto is so big, I'm not done going everywhere. I want to come visit again.
Yuki: Well, we have some time after the tea party. Let's wander around then.
Tsumugi: The shopkeeper is here waiting. Please go get changed.



Yuki: Sorry for making you wait, Maneko-chan.
Tsumugi: Wow! You all look amazing in kimono.
Momo: Thanks! It really is more exciting when you change into a kimono!
Nagi: Are you not wearing a kimono, Manager?
Tsumugi: I'll be taking pictures!
Gaku: Too bad. I think you'd look good.
Tenn: The tea's here. Let's drink.
Ryuu: Umm, what was it? Do we rotate the tea bowl to the right or left?
Tenn: Either is fine. Move it a little so you're not drinking from the front.
Gaku: Oh, these sweets are delicious!
Tenn: It's bad manners to eat them first without being invited. You have to say "Please excuse me for going first" before you take them.
Nagi: Hm… the customs for Japanese tea ceremonies are very strict.
Tsumugi: Nagi-san, are you okay with the tea being bitter?
Nagi: Don't worry. I'm used to bitter coffee, I'm fine.
Nagi: More importantly…
Tsumugi: More importantly?
Nagi: I'm slowly losing feeling in my legs…
Tsumugi: I'm sorry, Nagi-san! You have to sit in seiza because of the kimono. Are you having trouble?
Ryuu: To tell the truth, I am too…
Tenn: Isn't it just because you haven't tried hard enough?
Yuki: Haha, poke poke.
Nagi: NO!! Don't touch me! (OHHHHHH!) My feet are being stabbed with needles! [1]
Gaku: You're cruel...


[1] Nagi has a long, drawn-out OHHHHHHHH in the voice acting that isn't in the written text. yet another reason the voices are glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment