Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.12 - Ruins ~Into the Depths~, End

and here's the end of chapter three! chapter four has fewer scenes but they're longer in general. o/

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 12: Ruins ~Into the Depths~, End
raw video link here!


Kana: Is it… finally over…?
Lippy: It seems so… haaa… I'm exhausted…
Kana: Are you okay, Velvet?
Velvet: ...I'm fine.
When I look at Velvet, there is blood flowing down her leg.
Link: Your leg's injured. Excuse me.
Velvet: …
I treat her wounded leg with a healing arte.
Her fighting style is a bit too reckless.
She fights without regard for whether she gets injured.
Velvet: I said this before, but that's really unnecessary.
Kana: But we like that. Doing unnecessary things.
Velvet: ...you really are strange.
I finish treating her wound, and we look over the room again.
Lippy: All right… we've completed our original mission of purifying the ruinators, but…
I can see the large magic device in the middle of the room.
Kana: What could that be for…?
Lippy: I'm checking into it now. Please wait just a moment.
Lippy's fingers race deftly as he approaches the huge device.
He holds up the SMARTPHON at various angles, investigating it.
Even without hearing it, I know there's no way a device here can be a good thing.
Kana looks uneasy, as if she feels the same way.
That's what I thought, but--
Kana: What's… this feeling…?
...huh?
Link: What's wrong, Kana?
Kana: Mm… well, you know. It's not really clear, but…
Kana: This… magic device? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.
Link: --! You too…?
Kana: You too, Allen…? But have we ever seen anything like this in the places we've been?
I try to calm down and reconsider the feeling that "I've seen this somewhere before."
...it's not that I know what it is. I've felt something like the atmosphere given off by the device -- by the whole room.
If I think about big magical devices that I've seen--
The first one that comes to mind is the one that was in that underground room.
Have I seen anything else like this anywhere else, on missions aboveground?
Kana: ...I've got a bad feeling…
Kana has the protection of the goddesses, which gives her a similar sense as to what we possess as envoys.
She can feel the aura of malice.
--Then.
Ping! A sound rings out.
Kana: Looks like Lippy's done investigating.
We move toward Lippy, who is standing in front of the device and staring at the SMARTPHON.
Kana: ...Lippy?
Lippy's hands are… shaking.
Lippy: This… why… why is this…
From his reaction, it's clear that this is no small matter.
Link: ...Lippy… what in the world is this?
Lippy: Please look at this arrangement.
...Lippy draws in a breath and turns the SMARTPHON screen towards us.
The screen shows a diagram illustrating the results from the analysis of the large device.
Lippy: The magic circle in the center draws magical power from the three circles along the edges.
Lippy: The symbols drawn into the circles on the edges focus negative magical energy from the surroundings, and the device produces the materials.
...Materials…?
Lippy: A physical container of flesh and blood -- a transient soul made from negative magic--
Lippy: It condenses all of that, and the magic circle in the center links it all together.
Lippy: And then it gives birth to a ball of compressed malice.
Kana: --! You can't mean…!
That's… we know what that is.
Lippy: ...a Seed of Ruin…
Lippy: This is a magical device to create Seeds of Ruin.
Link: ...what did you say…
Kana: Why is something like that here!?
Lippy: ...well, I cannot say that I'm ignorant as to the reasons for its presence.
Lippy: Please remember. Long, long ago, the power of the Seeds terrorized many places across the land.
Lippy: Different countries tried to use them as war weapons… or as deterrence… and for that reason, they created many facilities for the production of the Seeds.
Lippy: However, thanks to the efforts of the envoys, all the Seeds were purified, and the technology for producing them should have been sealed away.
Link: So, it's one of those left over… did it escape notice?
Lippy: No… this magic circle was remade only recently.
Kana: Then…!?
Lippy: That is what is so frightening.
Lippy: I understand how it can exist. The problem is that it is now active -- that the seal was broken and it was restored.
So in other words--
Link: Seeds are being produced in this country again.
And--
Link: We don't know how they obtained the knowledge to create the Seeds.
Link: But we know who is behind it.
Lippy: Soldiers were ordered to guard this place, so it must be at the orders of none other than the fortuneteller who has become central to this country… who in the world is he…?
Velvet: Is it that surprising?
Velvet: We were just fighting those ruinators, right?
Velvet: This just tells us why there are swarms of them here. It's pretty easy to understand.
Lippy: That's true, but--
Velvet: To begin with--
Velvet: There are monsters all over these ruins, both inside and out.


Inside… and out?
There were lots of soldiers outside. Lippy said it was thanks to them that there weren't many monsters.
Velvet: The ones outside… even though they're monsters, they were moving around like they were guarding the place. I thought it was strange.
Odd… there's something not right here--
What was it that Velvet saw…?
Link: ...it should have been soldiers protecting the ruins…
Velvet: Those things were soldiers? Then there's something pretty wrong with this country.
Velvet: No… or maybe it's that I've become pretty different from humans.
Velvet: So those looked like humans to you, not monsters?
That was -- what it had looked like to Velvet's eyes.
Link: The soldiers outside… were monsters?
Lippy: Monsters that could even fool my SMARTPHON, Master Link and Master Zephyr's senses as envoys, and Lady Kana's protection of the goddesses?
Velvet: I don't know what you're talking about. But what I saw were monsters. I devoured them with my left hand, so I'm sure.
Velvet: From my point of view, it's your senses that have something wrong with them.
Something wrong?
No… maybe… it's that something is making it go wrong--
Something that interferes with heavenly power and makes it go wrong.
--Didn't that happen in "Sairan" too?
But there's no one who can make that happen now.
...if there is… who could it be?
Link: Whatever the case…
The people who went to the barracks not knowing this are in danger.
Link: We have to tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment