Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.01 - Chasing the Mystery, Start

November is over and I live again. o/ tentative update schedule says I'll finish one chapter of Link a month, to be done in approximately six months. time around that and on weekends will be spent on Hariyama-san, which may get an update… January maybe? we'll see. oh yeah, and the TeniPuri Rising Beat Rikkai birthday messages are up-to-date too.

First section is Sara and it switches to Zephyr after that!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 1: Chasing the Mystery, Start
raw video link here!


The passing scenery made me remember many things.
The sound of faraway waves -- the scent of the salty breeze--
I started to remember just a little bit.

Back when I was me-- [1]
But now I have precious friends.
Friends who walk alongside me.
Ahh. It's so warm.
That warmth flows straight into my heart.

So, to make sure it doesn't overflow--
I take that me
And bury those memories--
Those memories--
Deep inside, deep inside--

Zephyr: --Sara. ...Hey, Sara?
Sara: Huh?
Zephyr: Oh. You were spacing out.
Sara: Ah, ahh!? Sorry!
Zephyr: You okay? Are you not feeling well?
Yuri: We're about to get started. If there's something bothering you, you should say it now.
Sara: No, it's really nothing. I'm sorry. I was just thinking, my family and I used to walk by these shops together… stuff like that.
Sara: We all went to Clariye's festival. It was the biggest festival in the area… and the baker was selling really cute animal-shaped bread…
Sara: Umm… ah. It would've been straight down this road. Sesque, there was a big bakery on the main road over there, right?
Sesque: Bakery? Oh… sorry. I can't really remember.
Sara: Really? I thought it was pretty famous…
Yuri: Haha. That's a pretty small worry compared to what we're about to do.
Zephyr: Well, we might as well relax until we reach our destination.
Yuri: Sure. We'll reach the barracks soon. We'll have to really focus then.

The disturbing incidents in Clariye--
The suspicious fortuneteller advising the monarchy--
The room with the magic circle in the soldiers' barracks that had been built on his orders--
The man-eating monster, and the ruins that gave off the signal of the Seeds of Ruin.
We'd split into two teams to investigate all these leads.


[1] THIS LINE… Sara uses "watashi" (in kanji) to refer to herself, but here she says when she was "watashi" (in hiragana), the implication being when she was very young (too young for the more complicated kanji writing system).

This is the trend for this entire first scene. Anything in a different font is written in hiragana, following the same (or similar) phrase in kanji. Basically it's a "childish voice" echo of what she's saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment