Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.2.11 - End of the Fight, Epilogue

And with this, part two of eight is complete. NaNoWriMo kicks off in November, so I won't be doing much translating then, if at all. I'll pick up with Link and Hariyama-san again in December. o/

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 2: The Country of Hidden Darkness, Clariye
Scene 11: After the Battle, Epilogue
raw video link here!


I suddenly remember. This setting-- this place--
I can hear a child crying.

Where was it… that's right. A small park in a big city.
It was the kind of place where, in the daytime, people would be coming back from shopping or children would be playing.
But now it was nighttime. That child was the only one in sight.
The crying was coming from there.
There were heartbreaking words interlaced between the loud sobs.

"Don't… leave me…"

"I'll… do everything you say…"
"I'll… be good…"

"So don't leave me…"

Those sobs -- that voice.
They continued until "someone they cared about" came and took that child's hand.

I suddenly think--

What happened to that child?
The child I met that day?

Are they still there?
--I haven't thought about that in a long, long time. Why did I suddenly remember it now?

Right -- it must be because--
I've come here with the people I care about.

That's why I remembered.

That child--

No comments:

Post a Comment