Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tales of Link Prologue Comic

...well, that didn't take as long to finish as I was expecting. I only discovered this recently, but it's the prologue story that was published before the game and covers how Sara and Lippy met! what a time to discover it...

also a note that in this comic I kind of gave up on figuring out the terms used in the localized TOLink for some things. it's too hard to dig through scripts when I don't know what I'm looking for. /shrug if anyone knows what they were translated as in game, please let me know.

Tales of Link Prologue Comic
(originally published in the November 2013 Viva ☆ Tales of Magazine)
raws were found here!


Page 1:
1:
Special story
"Tales of Link"
Prologue comic!
Girl: Look! A shooting star!

2:
Mom: That's not a shooting star. It's a meteor shower.
Girl: Ohh! It's so pretty!

3-4:
No text

5:
Sara: Huh…!?



Page 2:
When ruin falls from heaven to earth, hope is born on earth once again.
The curtain rises on a new Tales of adventure--



Page 3:
1:
-Liafyse-

2:
The myriad gods of the Heavenly Realm had brought about peace on the Earthly Realm for countless ages.

3:
People cultivated land, laid down roads, and built countries.

4:
Now,

5:
The gods have departed the Earthly Realm and left only their religions behind.

6:
Sara: Mm~!
Sara: What a nice breeze!



Page 4:
1:
My name is Sara.

2:
I really look up to my big brother, an adventurer, and I've set off on my own journey!

3:
Right now, I'm delivering something to the next village.
I'm collecting travel funds.

4:
But for some reason...
Sara: The weather is great today! It's the perfect day for traveling!
Sara: But…



Page 5:
1-2:
No text

3:
Sara: That was really weird…
Sara: ...the other day...

4:
Sara: I wonder what it was…



Page 6:
1:
Sara: What… is that…?
(Kid: Wooow!)

2:
Kid: Hey, hey, Miss Traveler, did you see that?
Kid: Isn't it pretty?

3:
(Huh…?)
Sara: Y-Yeah.

4:
Sara: Hmmm.

5:
Sara: Well, there's no point worrying about it! I'm almost to the next town.
Sara: I'll enjoy today too!



Page 7:
1:
No text

2:
Sara: ---!!
Sara: Someone's being attacked by monsters!

3, 4, 5:
No text



Page 8:
1, 2, 3:
No text

4:
Sara: Huh?

5:
Sara: I thought it was coming from around here…



Page 9:
No text



Page 10:
1, 2, 3:
No text

4:
Sara: Okay.
Sara: Now where's the person who needed help?

5:
No text

6:
Lippy: Uuuuu! I'm trapped!
Sara: Huh!?
(Sara: It talks!?)



Page 11:
1:
Lippy: M-my apologies.
Lippy: I was sent flying by the eggbear and cannot free myself.
Lippy: Would you please help me?

2:
Sara: S-s-s-sure.
Sara: Maybe if I just pull your legs.

3:
Lippy: Owwww

4-5:
No text

6:
Lippy: So you would be the one who defeated the eggbear.
Lippy: Many, many thanks.



Page 12:
1:
Lippy: I am indebted--

2:
Sara: Wow! You talk!? Is it a species thing!?
Sara: And you're so fluffy! So cute!
Lippy: P-Please! That tickles! Please do not pull!
Sara: Oh, sorry, sorry.

3:
Lippy: You are much stronger than you appear.
Sara: Well, I'm an adventurer!

4:
Sara: But I'm glad I could help.
Sara: The monsters have been getting fiercer lately…

5:
No text



Page 13:
1:
Sara: Do you know something?
Lippy: ...

2:
Lippy: ...To tell the truth, I am a sprite who serves the heavenly goddess Leonne.

3:
Lippy: My name is Lippy.

4:
Lippy: At present,
(Sara: Heavenly Realm!?)
Lippy: I have been tasked with resolving a danger that threatens Liafyse, both the Heavenly Realm and Earthly Realm.

5:
The Heavenly Realm, where the noble, miraculous gods live,
Including the Lady Leonne whom I serve.
The myriad gods and goddesses have watched over the Earthly Realm through all of time.
Until that day.



Page 14:
Panel 1:
Suddenly, countless red lights attacked the Heavenly Realm and the gods.

Panel 2:
My Goddess had departed the Heavenly Realm to attend to a trivial matter.

Page 3:
When she returned, she found that the door to an ancient, long-sealed shrine had been destroyed.

Page 4:
Sara: What was it… that was sealed away?

Page 5:
"Seeds of Ruin." They are the cores of monsters.
Long ago, they caused disasters all over the Earthly Realm.



Page 15:
1:
Once, they took the form of a dragon and set a mountain aflame.
Once, they took the form of a human and deceived the people.
At times, they took the form of devils who caused unavoidable catastrophes and threw the Earthly Realm into chaos…

2:
Lippy: That seal was broken.
Lippy: The Seeds of Ruin inside stole the power of the other gods and descended one by one into the Earthly Realm.

3:
Sara: Oh!
Sara: So then those were
Sara: The red shooting stars I saw through the clouds!

4:
Lippy: So you observed their light!
Sara: I have really good eyesight.
Sara: ...But this is really bad.



Page 16:
1:
Lippy: The seal has only just been broken. It will be some time yet before the Seeds begin to bloom in the Earthly Realm.
Lippy: The stronger they will be, the longer it will take to build up that power.

2:
Lippy: However,
Lippy: if they are awakened,
Lippy: They will bring a calamity unto this land...

3:
Lippy: My Goddess in the Heavenly Realm is spreading her power over all the Earthly Realm in order to delay the Seeds' activation.
Lippy: But she cannot stop them by herself.

4:
Lippy: That is when she gave me my mission.



Page 17:
Panel 1:
Leonne: Lippy…
Leonne: I entrust the future of the Earthly Realm to you.

Panel 2:
Leonne: Go to the Earthly Realm and find the Great Savior, who holds immense power.
Leonne: Together, find and calm the Seeds of Ruin scattered throughout the land.

Panel 3:
Lippy: Who is the Great Savior?

Panel 4:
Leonne: I sense a strong light from the Earthly Realm.
Leonne: That person will be able to use these stones and stand against the Seeds of Ruin.



Page 18:
Panel 1:
No text

Panel 2:
Sara: This pretty stone holds the power to calm the Seeds of Ruin?

Panel 3:
Lippy: Yes.
Lippy: However, that power will only manifest in the hands of the Great Savior.
Sara: So then first you have to find that Great Savior.

Panel 4:
Sacred Magic Artifact Phonophototabulus
(AKA SMARTPHON)

Panel 5:
Lippy: According to the power we felt from the Heavenly Realm,
Lippy: They should be somewhere around here…
(Sara: He's pretty nimble~)



Page 19:
Panel 1:
Sara: Then I'll help!
Sara: With finding the Great Savior and collecting the Seeds of Ruin!

Panel 2:
Lippy: Eh…!
Lippy: Would you really help me?

Panel 3:
Sara: The secret code of an adventurer!
Sara: When you see someone in trouble, help them out!
Sara: ...well.
Sara: That's what my brother said. ♪

Page 4:
Sara: And the world's in danger, right? It's my business too.
Sara: There's no reason not to help.
Sara: ...it's a really incredible story, so I'm not sure I completely believe you.
Sara: But we still have to find that light… right?



Page 20:
Panel 1:
Lippy: I am deeply thankful.

Panel 2:
Lippy: ...however, Lady Sara, if you are an adventurer, does that not mean there is a goal to your journey?

Panel 3:
Sara: Well, there is, but…
Sara: My traveling is kind of aimless, so don't worry about it.

Panel 4:
The goal of my journey…

Panel 5:
To find the most beautiful sight in the world!
Sara: It's a journey to find something I've never found before.
Sara: It's fine!
Lippy: I am delighted to have you.
Lippy: Let's travel together!



Page 21:
Panel 1:
Sara: Then let's go look!

Panel 2:
Sara: For the Great Savior, the hope of the Earthly Realms!

Panel 3:
I hear a voice.



Page 22:
Panel 1:
There is a feeling in my heart.

Panel 2-4:
No text



Page 23:
No text



Page 24:
Panel 1-2:
No text

Panel 3:
A feeling that something is about to begin…
The story continues on the phone--
End

No comments:

Post a Comment