Sunday, September 29, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.2.03 - Reunion with a Figure in Black, Start

what do you mean "oops face" isn't a valid translation

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 2: The Country of Hidden Darkness, Clariye
Scene 3: Reunion with a Figure in Black, Start
raw video link here!



Kana: --Yuri! It's Yuri!
Yuri: …? Yeah… that is my name…
Though Kana calls out to him joyfully, Yuri responds in a suspicious tone.
Yuri: How do you know my name?
Kana: Oh--
Kana makes a face that clearly says "Oops!" She's at a loss for words, but Zephyr comes to her rescue.
Zephyr: These guys told us about you. They said they were really helped out by a long-haired swordsman dressed in black named Yuri.
Zephyr: We're -- old friends of theirs. Right now we're traveling together.
Kana: T-That's right! ...You helped Sara's group, right? Thanks, Yuri.
Yuri: ...So that's it. Well, it's nothing to thank me for. Link's helped me out a lot too.
Sara: What in the world brings you to Clariye, Yuri?
Yuri: Just a bit of business. There's stuff I have to look into. I asked that guy a few things yesterday.
Yuri looks at the minstrel.
Yuri: I thought maybe I could ask him something else, so I came again today…
Wearing a mystified expression, Yuri asks us:
Yuri: If you guys are here, does that mean there's a Seed on this island?
We've encounted Yuri many times on our long journey -- and we've talked to him about the Seeds of Ruin.
Link: ...Yes. That's right.
Yuri: ...I… see… got it…
That's when I realize something from his tone.
Yuri's "bit of business" involves something dangerous.
Yuri: This might be trouble…
Lippy: What do you mean?
Yuri seems to think deeply for a moment.
Yuri: ... Let's go somewhere else. It's not like I know everything either.
Link: Got it. ...Let's trade information.
Yuri. Yeah. The inn I'm staying at is just a little further. We'll talk there.
We nod at his proposition and begin to walk.
Though we express our happiness at meeting Yuri again as we move forward--
Something's bothering me.
--It's worrying me. I can hear the voices of the two people behind me.
Zephyr: --Hey, Kana. Does it hurt, being forgotten?
Kana answers his gentle voice.
Kana: Huh? No. Oh, but… yeah. Maybe a little.
Kana: But it's okay. We can make lots of happy new memories to make up for it.
Zephyr: Oh… haha. I guess that's true. Hope this time you can make memories where he doesn't think you're useless.
Kana: Ugh! What's that supposed to mean, Zephyr!?
He knows she's just putting up a strong front, but he just smiles at her--
She's always quick to show her feelings, but this time she hides them perfectly and just smiles at him--
And even now, the two of them… no, all of us are smiling.
Their feelings clearly shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment