Sunday, September 29, 2019

IDOLiSH7: [Linked Feelings] Mitsuki RabiTV

I suspect one of the lines in story two is a direct quote from Xillia or something, but I can't find it and can't remember it orz.

IDOLiSH7 x Tales of Link collab
[Linked Feelings] Mitsuki Izumi: Parts 1-3

1. Mitsuki as Jude
Mitsuki: Hey, Tamaki.
Tamaki: What, Mikki?
Mitsuki: Have you played the game we're doing the promotion for? Tales of Link?
Tamaki: Yup.
Mitsuki: Thought so! I just installed it, but I don't really get it…
Tamaki: Just connect markers that're the same color. You do a lot more damage if you start on the ones with low attack power.
Mitsuki: Got it! ...like this?
Tamaki: Yeah, that's it. Hey, the strongest character you have is Jude.
Mitsuki: I got him on my very first gacha pull! And he's the character I'm playing! It felt like it was fate!
Mitsuki: So I've only been leveling up Jude! It's not very efficient, but I'm kinda attached to him…
Tamaki: Mikki, you're the type who goes against a boss with only your starting character leveled.
Mitsuki: Y-you're right… I like games, but I'm not really good at ones like this where you have to raise characters.
Tamaki: Iorin seems like he'd be good at it.
Mitsuki: Ugh, it's really embarrassing for me to say as his big brother, but you're right, Tamaki…!
Tamaki: Haha.
Mitsuki: What about you? Who are you playing in Tales of?
Tamaki: Veigue. From Rebirth.
Mitsuki: Rebirth? You know it?
Tamaki: Yeah. I bought Tales of games when I wanted to play RPGs. Because then I could play with Nagicchi.
Mitsuki: Oh, I see! How was it?
Tamaki: Haven't finished it. Eephon's way too strong. He's cheating.
Mitsuki: I don't get it, but it sounds like you're having a tough time.
Tamaki: I'll beat him someday!
Mitsuki: You really love games, Tamaki!
Tamaki: Yeah, well. I wanted to have lots of fun playing games with everyone.
Mitsuki: Tamaki…
Tamaki: It's not that big a deal. Don't worry about it, Mikki.
Mitsuki: ...okay! Then play games with me too! Though I'm not as good at it as Nagi…
Tamaki: That's fine. You're like Tytree.
Mitsuki: Tytree…?
Tamaki: He's a manly guy who cheers up everyone around him and makes them happy, just like you.
Mitsuki: Oh…! I'm kinda embarrassed. But I'm happy too!
Mitsuki: Then let's play Xillia too. It's the game Jude's from!
Tamaki: Okay. Jude is kind of like Sou-chan.
Mitsuki: Huh, really?
Tamaki: You think he's a nice guy, but then he goes and smashes something.
Mitsuki: Uh.
Tamaki: Wait, but first we have to learn how to play Link.
Mitsuki: Oh, right! Since we're doing the Link PR!
Tamaki: And you're one of the main characters.
Mitsuki: Stop it! I was trying not to mention that! It's embarrassing!
Tamaki: I wanna see you as Jude.
Mitsuki: And I wanna see you as Veigue!
Tamaki: Hehe…
Mitsuki: Hehehe…
Story 1 End



2: Talking with Yamato and Iori
Yamato: Hey, Mitsu. Can you read this line for me? I wanna get a better idea of his image.
Mitsuki: Huh? Okay! Let's see…
Mitsuki: "I wonder if I'll grow big and strong like Alvin. I guess I'll drink milk like he told me…"
Mitsuki: --Hey, this is me!!
Yamato: Ahahaha! It is you. The role really suits you.
Mitsuki: It's just included as one of the sample lines! Why'd you make me read it out?
Yamato: I thought it sounded like you.
Mitsuki: What's that supposed to mean!?
Iori: Hey, Xillia team. Please focus on practicing.
Yamato: Oh. Sorry, honors student.
Iori: Honors student? I mean, it's true, but are you making fun of me?
Yamato: Oh, no, I'm just turning into Alvin. This is practice too. 
Mitsuki: W-well, don't let it get to you, Iori. Just ignore this guy.
Iori: Ugh… just go ahead and embarrass yourself showing your forehead.
Yamato: Huh? Alvin does wear his hair slicked back…
Yamato: H-hey. Mitsu, is it weird for my forehead to show…?
Mitsuki: What do I care? Take your glasses off while you're at it.
Yamato: My glasses are part of my body.
Iori: Whatever…
Mitsuki: ...But we're really wearing Tales of costumes and shooting a PV!
Iori: It's a collaboration promotion with Tales of Link. I'm looking forward to seeing how many people are interested.
Mitsuki: Don't worry about that and just enjoy your role, Iori! Is Mikleo like that too?
Iori: I wonder. ...If I had to say, the role suits you more.
Mitsuki: Me?
Iori: In contrast to his fragile appearance, he's an honest and serious character.[1]
Yamato: But "fragile" doesn't really describe Mitsu.
Mitsuki: Shut it! You're like a "kid that never grows up."
Yamato: Oh, I'm an adult. I drink beer, too. It's a great feeling, chugging one right after a bath.
Iori: Isn't that what makes you childish?
Mitsuki: Wait, all we heard about Mikleo is that he's a serious guy… so what's he like?
Iori: Some of his sample lines have an "is that all you can do?" feel to them…
Yamato: He's a tsundere.
Mitsuki: He's tsundere.
Iori: Why are you grinning at me!?
Iori: ...O-oh, right, Nii-san. You're doing the PV narration too, right? Have you gotten the script yet?
Mitsuki: Yeah! They haven't decided when to record it, though.
Yamato: Huh, they haven't?
Mitsuki: Well, Momo-san is narrating too, remember? They want us to record on the same day, but it's hard to fit into his schedule.
Iori: Re:vale are the top idols, after all.
Mitsuki: They're always really busy! They act in dramas, so they probably do shoots like these perfectly. But we'll do just as well!
Yamato: Personally, I wonder how TRIGGER will approach it.
Mitsuki: They don't usually do jobs like this.
Iori: It's a collaboration with Tales of Link, a big title. They have to participate.
Yamato: Re:vale is doing it too.
Mitsuki: Right now, there would be weird rumors if IDOLiSH7 and Re:vale were doing something but TRIGGER was left out…
Iori: To be honest, I understand Yaotome Production's concern about the rumors, but if they have the chance to participate in this kind of strategic promotion, they have no choice but to do so.
Mitsuki: Well, that might be true for their agency! But I want TRIGGER themselves to have fun.
Yamato: They're surprisingly into it.
Mitsuki: I wonder what they'll be wearing? Our costumes are super elaborate, so I'm really curious!
Iori: Tsunashi-san will have handcuffs on both wrists and his midriff will be completely bare.
Mitsuki: Handcuffs on both wrists…?
Yamato: That's the famous Ero Ero Beast for you…
Iori: I ran into them in the station the other day, and he sounded embarrassed talking about it.
Mitsuki: ...sounds like TRIGGER's got it pretty rough…
Yamato: I'm not worried about my forehead showing anymore…
Mitsuki: And I'll drink as much milk as I have to…
Iori: I don't think that's the point…
Story 2 End



3. PV Shoot Behind the Scenes ~Mitsuki Side~
Mitsuki: Whoa! This is great! Look, Iori, the set looks just like the real thing!
Iori: You're too loud, nii-san.
Mitsuki: I have to be! It's really fantastic!
Riku: It feels like it'll really work if I yell Demon Fist! 
Yamato: Oh, you look good, Riku.
Riku: Ehehe, thanks! Your hair's slicked back, Yamato-san!
Yamato: All of you keep mentioning that…
Tamaki: Hey, what about me?
Nagi: You look good, Tamaki. Why don't you try practicing your sword artes?
Tamaki: Sure. Tiger Blade!
Nagi: Sonic Thrust!
Sougo: Tamaki-kun, Nagi-kun. We haven't started shooting yet, so you need to look after your props…
Tamaki: It's fine, right? This is for the shoot too.
Sougo: That may be true, but…
Iori: Yotsuba-san. I understand your excitement, but your hair is coming loose at the back.
Tamaki: Wait, really?
Riku: I'll fix it, Tamaki!
Tamaki: Thanks.
Riku: Umm, so this goes here…
Iori: Wait, Nanase-san! Why did you start unbraiding it!?
Riku: Huh? That's weird… it should've gone back to normal!
Yamato: Nuh uh uh… you should have the hairdresser fix it.
Sougo: Tamaki-kun, I'll teach you how to braid. Put this strand between this one and this one…
Tamaki: That tickles.
Sougo: Just bear with it for a little, Tamaki-kun.
Iori: What am I watching?
Nagi: Everyone's hairstyles look very nice.
Nagi: Especially Mitsuki. Isn't the part in your bangs gone?
Mitsuki: Yeah! They brought hair over from the back and set it in place!
Mitsuki: Hey, Iori. We match.
Iori: Huh! O-oh… they did bring hair from the back to the front and set it, but…
Tamaki: Iorin. What're you embarrassed about?
Iori: Y-you're bothering me!
Yamato: Anyway, Mitsu's hairstyle will eventually lose to gravity. It'll start coming apart here.
Mitsuki: Shut up! They did a good job, so don't touch it, Big Forehead.
Yamato: Can you please stop bringing that up…?
Riku: Sougo-san, you set it with wax, right? You're always really kind, but right now it feels more like you're really manly!
Sougo: Really? I'm flattered, but also a bit embarrassed…
Nagi: Sougo, you have this atmosphere about you that makes fantasy clothes really suit you.
Sougo: Thank you, Nagi-kun. You seem even more of a lady-killer than usual today.
Nagi: Zelos flirts with the ladies by saying, "Hello, my cute hunnies ♪"
Nagi: I want to grow closer with them in a more gentlemanly way…
Mitsuki: Nagi, you're always jumping all around girls when they walk past. Don't do anything.
Nagi: Jumping around? Like the thing that lives in the cracks of houses…? [2]
Tamaki: Waaaaaaaaaah! Don't talk about R!
Riku: Ah! Now that you mention it, that over there…!
Tamaki: Ahhhhhh! Sou-chan! Kill it!!
Sougo: Huh, me?
Yamato: This is Manager's specialty…
Iori: All of you are pathetic. That's part of a dummy monster to be used in the shoot.
Riku: Ohh, it's just a dummy! Sorry, Tamaki!
Tamaki: Don't scare me, Rikkuuuuuun…
Mitsuki: But how did killing R become our female manager's specialty…?
Riku: Ooh. Yeah…
Sougo: It really is unbecoming of us as men…
Nagi: I never saw them in my country…
Yamato: Well, we're using weapons in this shoot. Let's use that to become manly again.
Mitsuki: Yeah…
Iori: How did we end up on this topic? 
Story 3 End



[1] word used is "tsukkomi" which yeah, I guess it's true, but how do you translate it. :D the usual "straight man" translation would lead me right into a minefield. /cough

[2] okay, another "nagi doesn't understand things and they don't translate well to english." Mitsuki uses "hoihoi," which is like, Nagi is always trying to grab their attention. Nagi is talking about a "gokiburi hoihoi," which is the Japanese term for a roach motel. (also why, if you're looking in the original, they're talking about "G," and I switched it over to "R").

No comments:

Post a Comment