Thursday, September 19, 2019

Tales of Link comic: The Moon-Gazing Race

uh okay SO I. still haven't played berseria and don't really know Magilou's speech style in english oops. so if anyone can help me edit that, you're welcome to do so. o/

Go for the Gold! The Moon-Gazing Race
raw is on the TOLink wiki here!


1:
Autumn, the night of a full moon…

2:
At the moon-gazing party
Magilou: Fufufu… so this day has finally arrived…

3:
Magilou: Look closely, all of you~!
Magilou: This is my bunny costume!

4:
Bienfu: Sis… It… looks…
Bienfu was forced to stay up for three days and nights making the costume.

5:
Anise: Honored guests~ will you have one of the moon-gazing party's special raspberry gel cocktails~?
Anise: Make sure to give me a huuuuuge tip too~ ♥
Magilou: Hm? If it isn't Anise!

6:
Anise: Ugh! Magilou!
Anise: Why are you here?
[What's with that reaction?]
Magilou: I was formally invited by the host!
Magilou: As the foremost star of Magilou's Menagerie!

7:
Magilou: That's right.
Magilou: What are you doing here, Anise?
Anise: I'm a super cute bunny maid!

8:
Anise: With cute, lovely Anise waiting on them,
Anise: These famous and noble gentlemen will see me for the first time…

9:
Anise: Then my status will rise!
Magilou: Still a money-grubber…

10:
Anise: Magilou,
Anise: You beeetter not get in my way.
Magilou: Heheh.

11:
Flynn: Hey.
Flynn: If it isn't Anise and Magilou.

12:
Anise: Oh, Flynn! Those clothes…
Magilou: Ughh… a foreign costume, huh… are you trying to stand out more than me!?

13:
Flynn: Oh, this?
Flynn: Lady Estellise and Yuri chose it for me.

14:
Anise: Huuh? Weren't all the party guests
Anise: supposed to be celebrities!?
Magilou: It seems not…

15:
Flynn: Oh, I'm representing Lady Estellise. There is business she must attend to.
Anise: Where's Luke!? Zelos!? Yoder!? Garr!?

16:
Agarte: Everyone, thank you all for coming here today.
Agarte: I'm your host, Agarte.
Agarte: The beautiful moon that adorns the night sky
Agarte: And the delicious food made with fresh ingredients harvested in our country
Agarte: Please partake of them.

17:
Agarte: And at the finale of the banquet, we will hold our country's traditional contest.
Agarte: You, our honored guests, are also welcome to participate.
Magilou: Did she say...
Magilou: Contest!?

18:
Magilou: So it's a costume contest,
Magilou: And then a popularity vote!!
Magilou: The third time's the charm! This time I will be victorious~~!
Flynn: This country's traditional contest…

19:
~Several hours later~ The foot of the mountain
[Moon-Gazing Mountain Obstacle Course]
Magilou: It's not a popularity contest!!

20:
Flynn: Lady Estellise told me about it.
According to this country's tradition,
A long time ago,
A white rabbit kajuma and a black rabbit kajuma
Held a competition to reach the "gold" said to be at the peak of the mountain…

21:
Magilou: So then who reached it first?
The two of them reached the peak at the same time but continued to run to determine the winner.
And in the end, they reached the moon itself...
Magilou: What's with that?

22:
Flynn: So they say you can see the silhouettes of those two rabbits on the moon.
Magilou: Hmm… so that's why rabbit ears were part of the dress code… I see.

23:
Anise: So for me~
Anise: I care more about the gold than the moon~!
Magilou: Aren't you working? Can you really take part in the race?

24:
Anise: It didn't say maids weren't allowed or that there are banned items!
Anise: Hey, hey, Agarte. There's a prize, right!?
Agarte: Of course! Please do your best to win the prize!

25:
Take your places…
Ready…
Magilou: Ahahaha…
Start!

26:
Anise: Tokunaga!
Magilou: I'll seize victory!

27:
Anise: Gold! Gold!
Walto: ...Is that allowed…?
Agarte: I didn't mention any banned items,
Agarte: So I suppose it's fine?

28:
Mwahaha…

29:
No text

30:
Anise: I see the goal!

31:
Anise: Huh…?
Magilou: Somehow… my body feels...
Anise: Heavy…

32:
No text

33:
Anise: What is this!?
Magilou: We're stuck together like magnets!
Saleh: My, aren't you getting along well.

35:
Elsewhere, with Flynn…

36:
Flynn: This is pretty hard…!!
Flynn: I must work hard for Lady Estellise's sake!

37:
Anise: Saleh!
Anise: So you're trying to win too…
Saleh: Me?
Saleh: Why would I be interested in such a foolish event?

38:
Saleh: I just thought I'd liven up the race a bit for Lady Agarte.
Saleh: You're unbelievable.
Saleh: Using little cheats like this~

39:
Anise: And I was almost at the goooooal!!
Saleh: Ahahaha!

40:
Saleh: Your expressions of despair really are most amusing!
(Tch. Putting yourself forward like that.)
Tohma: But that was my Force of Magnet just now.

41:
Saleh: My minions are cleaning up those on the road right now…
Saleh: Ahh, the event Lady Agarte put together…
Saleh: It's such a disappointment to have no winner.

42:
Flynn: Hm?
Flynn: Anise, Magilou, what...?!?
Magilou: Save us!

43:
Saleh: Unbelievable. So someone managed
Saleh: To make their way through the sabotage…

44:
Anise: Saleh's set up traps! Be careful!
Flynn: Traps…!?

45:
Flynn: That's unsportsmanlike…
Flynn: I won't let you get away with this!
Saleh: Well, this is my job!

46:
Tohma: Hmph… I'll back you up!
Anise: Magilou!
Anise: Tohma's Force has gotten weaker!
Anise: Now's our chance to go for the goal!

47:
No text

48:
Magilou: Wait!

49:
No text

50:
Magilou: Wahahahaha!

51:
Magilou: Look! Saleh!
Magilou: Isn't this the real goal?

52:
Anise: ...Like in the story, the real goal is the "moon."

53:
Anise: In other words,
Anise: It was to get the moon trophy here.

54:
Magilou: Militsa's Force of Rainbow bent the light
Magilou: and hid the trophy.
Magilou: I noticed the weird place with no shadowst~ ♪

55:
Militsa: ...mission failed…
Magilou: And now we are indisputably the winners!!

56:
Saleh: Haha! It appears so.
Anise: Huh? That was too easy…

57:
Saleh: Ahaha… I've had my fill
Saleh: of seeing your terrible faces.

58:
Saleh: I feel like I've seen the greatest of shows.
Saleh: And I've received the worst reward.
Saleh: See you.
Anise: As twisted as ever…

59:
Agarte: Congratulations, you two!
Agarte: I'm deeply moved.
Agarte: To think you two reached it at the same time, just as in the legend…

60:
Agarte: As promised, here is your prize.
Anise: Ahhh…
Anise: Glittering gold! This is… this is…!

61:
Anise: D-dango…!?
Agarte: According to legend, the two rabbits are making golden dango on the moon.

62:
Anise: Ehhhhhhhh! I can't sell perishable things…
Magilou: Ahh~ Victorious... number one… it has a ring to it…

63:
Anise?: We might as well all eat it together~!
And so, the night of the moon-gazing party passed.

64:
Flynn: I had them teach me how to make the golden dango.
Flynn: It's thanks for choosing my costume.
(Go ahead!)

No comments:

Post a Comment