Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tales of Link comic: Link's Summer Festival

one annoying note that doesn't carry over well in translation. the word used to refer to unrelated old men, "oji-san," is also what you might call an uncle, thus tenebrae's comment later on.

Link's Summer Festival
Summer! Booths! Fun in Yukata!
raw is on the TOLink wiki here!


1:
(right to left, festival signs: Black Omelettes, Strong Meat, Salmon Stew, Banana Pie, Sweet Rice, Broiled Sandwich, Tomato Cream Puffs)

2:
Elize: Wow… there's really…
Elize: a lot of people…
Teepo: Ellie! Grab on to me!

3:
Teepo: Uh… huh?

4:
Illia: More yakisoba, sir!
Spada: Whoaaaaaa! I won't lose!
Spada: I want more takoyaki, dammit!!

5:
Spada: Hot! Hot!!!
Illia: Eheehee, go ahead and burn yourself.
Illia: Huh? It's Elize.

6:
Illia: Are you alone? That's weird.
Illia: You're usually with Jude and them.
Spada: Did you get lost?
Elize: Huh…!?

7:
(Teepo: Don't treat Ellie like a kid!)
Teepo: Well, the crowd was a liiiiittle too much!
Teepo: So we decided to leave Jude!

8:
Spada: Hm, hm.
Illia: I see.

9:
Illia: Hey, we're going to look around the booths.
Illia: Wanna come with?
Elize: Um… can I!?
Illia: We haven't beaten all the booths yet! You want to see them too, right?
Elize: Then… well… let's go!

10:
Elize: Um…
Elize: Illia and Spada…

11:
Elize: You didn't wear yukata?
Spada: Huh?

12:
Illia: I don't like those things.
Teepo: It's the summer festival and you're not even wearing a yukata!
Teepo: That's just wasting the chance!

13:
Spada: Hey, Illia! Look there!
Spada: There's a yukata rental stall!
(sign: Yukata rental)
(sign: Women FREE)
Spada: And it says it's free for women!

14:
Illia: I've never worn a yukata…
Teepo: Come on, come on! Illiaaa! Go put one on!

15:
Illia: Well, if it's free, might as well…

16:
Illia: What's with this thing… it's hard to move.
Teepo: You looks better than I expected!

17:
Spada: It's not bad, right?
Spada: I'll tell Ruca about it la…
Illia: Tell and I'll send you into next week.
Spada: Y-Yes ma'am…

18:
Illia: Okay!
Illia: Let's go to the next stall.

19:
Elize: Oh, candied apples!
Teepo: They look tasty!

20:
[nibble]

21:
[CHOMP]

22:
Elize: Illia!
Teepo: Your jaw will fall off!
Illia: But it tastes better if you take a big bite like this!

23:
Elize: Oh…
Elize: But why?
Teepo: Opening your mouth really big isn't ladylike!

24:
Illia: Huuh!? What did you say!?
Elize: Oh no, Teepo!
(I'm getting stretched~)
Teepo: H-Hey, look!

25:
Emil: Target shooting… I wonder if I can do it?
Tenebrae: Do your best, Emil!

26:
Emil: Marta said she wanted that stuffed toy…
Raven: Ah, youth. But it won't be easy. This is a business.
Raven: The bigger the obstacles you overcome, the greater the satisfa-

27:
[pop!]

28:
Raven: Uh.
Ratatosk: Oh well…
Ratatosk: I'm gonna go for it!

29:
(pop pop pop pop)
Ratatosk: Take this!
Raven: Eek!

30:
Ratatosk: They don't bleed enough.
Raven: Ohh, my prizes…

31:
Emil: Oh!

32:
Emil: I did it! I got the prizes!
Tenebrae: I expected no less, Emil!
Tenebrae: I admired your merciless shots ♪

33:
Illia: You know… he reminds me of Ruca…
Spada: Really?
Ruca: I'm Asura!

34:
Illia: I won't lose either!
Illia: I'll show you what real shooting looks like!
Raven: Huh?

35:
No text

36:
Illia: Haha. Easy ♪

37:
Spada: You've got more, right?
Spada: Come on, bring out the prizes!
Raven: Waaah~! After all my work!
Illia: Whatever, hurry up!

38:
Raven: Ohh… kids these days… they're so uncute…
Elize: Are you okay, Raven?

39:
Raven: Yeah.
Raven: You're the only one who worries about this old man, Elize~
(But, well)
Raven: I'm all out of prizes, so I gotta close shop.

40:
Raven: Might as well
Raven: go along with you younglings~
Illia: Sure… then you wanna come too, Emil?
Emil: Huh… can I?

41:
Illia: That old man must've made a killing off his stall.
Illia: He's gonna have to treat us.
Emil: Is this really okay…
Raven: I'm shaking…

42-44:
No text

45:
Illia: Are you thirsty? Have some Ramune.
Elize: Thank you…

46:
Elize: Um… at first I thought you were just fooling around…

47:
Elize: But Illia,
Elize: You're really friendly and kind.
Teepo: Is this what they call gap moe?

48:
Illia: What're you talking about!?
Emil: Where did Raven go?
Jude: Elize!

49:
Elize/Teepo: Oh, Jude!!

50:
Raven: Just as planned.
Raven: I'm glad you found each other again, Elize.
Emil: What do you mean?

51:
Raven: Oh, well.
Raven: Before you all came,
Raven: Jude came to my booth looking for Elize.
Emil: So you went around to the booths
Emil: trying to bring the two of them together.

52:
Raven: My job here is done!
Raven: I'm getting tired and wants a massage from you youngsters~
Emil: You sound like an old uncle...

53:
(No, no!)
Tenebrae: At your age, Raven
Tenebrae: It wouldn't be at all odd for you to have a daughter Elize's age. It would only be right to call you an uncle!
Emil: There's his dark side showing...
Raven: He's a pain, unlike our dog.

54:
Elize: Everyone.

55:
Elize: We're still haven't finished looking at all the booths and events!
Elize: Let's go!

56:
Later-
Ruca: Hey, Illia.
Ruca: You wore a yukata? I would've liked to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment