Thursday, September 5, 2019

IDOLiSH7: [Linked Feelings] Riku RabiTV

hello yes Banri is an actual housewife--

notes for Nagi! things in CAPS are him speaking in English. also yes I totally stole that line from MadoMagi, since that's what Kokona is referencing lol. couple translation footnotes at the end for this one too.

IDOLiSH7 x Tales of Link collab
[Linked Feelings] Riku Nanase: Parts 1-3


1. Riku as Luke

Riku: Hey, Nagi.
Nagi: YES?
Riku: What would you do if the Tales of characters lived in the same world as us?
Riku: Sorry for asking something weird!
Nagi: OH, that's the second time someone's asked me something like that.
Riku: Really?
Nagi: Yes. Sougo did before.
Nagi: He asked what I would do if Kokona was real.
Riku: What did you say!?
Nagi: I love Kokona. But I just want to be the type of person who cheers her on.
Nagi: Of course, I want to meet her… but I don't want to get in her way when she's fighting for peace.
Nagi: Always, somewhere, she is fighting for us!
Riku: That's pretty cool, Nagi!
Riku: But you don't like that Mitsuki plays Kokona-chan's boyfriend.
Nagi: NO!!! That's different!
Riku: What!?
Riku: ...but yeah. So that's how you feel.
Nagi: Right, there may be things that are intersting to us because we live in different worlds.
Nagi: Why did you ask?
Riku: ...hmmm. I was thinking it might be fun.
Riku: Like with swords and magic! They're pretty powerful, right?
Nagi: Do you want to be strong, Riku?
Riku: Yeah. I think… I wanted to be. Then maybe I wouldn't have made anyone sad…
Riku: Or something! Like you said, it's interesting because it's a different world.
Nagi: You've done nothing to make anyone sad, Riku.
Riku: … Maybe…
Nagi: I like it when you're positive and making us smile. Don't compare yourself to anyone else.
Riku: Nagi…
Nagi: And I think they have their own worries because they're strong.
Riku: ...you're right. There's no point in comparing myself to anyone else.
Riku: I should treasure the people who like me the way I am…!
Nagi: Haha. That's right, Riku. At first we were talking about what would happen if Kokona was in the 3D world, but then we became serious.
Riku: Sorry! It's because I asked you a weird question…
Nagi: OH, why are you apologizing? I'm happy we got to talk and pare our hearts.
Riku: N-no paring! It's "share"! [1]
[click]
Yamato: Heeeey, you two. It's time to start.
Riku: Ah, okay!
Nagi: So ends our secretive time together, Riku.
Riku: Ahaha! Yeah!
Yamato: Secretive time? What were you talking about?
Nagi: NO, those over twenty aren't allowed.
Yamato: What's that mean?
Riku: It's Nagi's and my secret!
Yamato: Is it, now. ...Riku, you look happy, like you've gotten rid of your doubts. I won't press further.
Riku: Huh…
Nagi: Our leader sees right through everything.
Yamato: Who knows? Okay, everyone's waiting. Let's go!
Riku: Yeah…!
Story 1 End




2: Talking with Banri

[click]
Riku: Good morning!
Banri: Oh, Riku-kun. Good morning.
Banri: You're working alone today, aren't you? Good luck!
Riku: Hehe, thanks, Banri-san! It's the first time I've done a food report in a while, so I'm kind of nervous… I ended up coming to the office early.
Banri: Ahaha, that's true. You still have some time before your manager comes.
Riku: Still one more hour. What should I do while waiting…
Banri: Here, Riku-kun. Hot tea.
Riku: Ah! Thank you, Banri-san!
Riku: ...oh, right! Banri-san, do you play this game?
Banri: Game? ...which one? Tales of Link…?
Banri: Oh, this is the mobile game for your upcoming job, isn't it?
Riku: Right! Everyone's playing it together. You should play too!
Banri: But I don't really play games like this…
Riku: It's fine, it's easy to play!
Banri: Really? Then maybe I'll give it a try. It'll be sad if I can't understand what everyone's talking about.
Riku: Yes, please! Do you know how to install it?
Banri: I at least know that much! ...probably.
Riku: Banri-san, you don't install apps that often?
Banri: No, I have lots of them! See, I have a music-listening app and an alarm clock…
Riku: A music-listening app?
Banri: Yeah, it processes songs so they sound a bit more like a live performance. Do you want to try?
Riku: Oh! That sounds like fun!
Riku: ...huh, this song… it's No Doubt!
Banri: Oh, I was listening to that while making pickles yesterday. ...but don't tell Yuki. It'll go to his head.
Riku: Ahaha, got it! This really does sound like the speakers at a concert!
Banri: Right! I really like the part where Momo-kun sings "To the light." [2]
Banri: ...wait, we ended up talking about a different app. Uh, search for it, then…
Banri: Found it! Is it this one?
Riku: Yep!
Banri: This boy's stomach is showing like in your costume. And he has red hair. He looks kind of like you.
Riku: You mean Luke. He's the character I'm playing!
Banri: Oh, really! I'll read the project proposal later…
Riku: Oh, that's the character Tsunashi-san is playing!
Banri: W-wow… he's wearing handcuffs. But he might be perfect for Ryuunosuke-kun.
Riku: He's really cool. And manly! I really look up to him…
Banri: Look up to him?
Riku: Yeah! He's strong and manly… he's pretty heroic!
Banri: Haha. Riku, you're cool and straightforward. I'm sure your fans think of you as a hero.
Riku: Y-you think so…?
Banri: Really. I promise.
Riku: Ehehe, I'm glad I have your word for it.
Banri: Oh, looks like it's done downloading.
Riku: Oh! Let's play it! I'll show you how!
Banri: Thanks. I'll be counting on you, Teacher.
Riku: Yeah!
Story 2 end




3: PV Shoot Behind the Scenes ~Riku Side~

Riku: Is Manager here!?
Tsumugi: Riku-san? I'm here! What happened?
Riku: Well, my costume got caught on the globe on my belt…
Riku: It's fraying a bit… that's bad, right…?
Tsumugi: Oh, if that's all, it's fine! I brought a sewing kit.
Tsumugi: Can you sit down? I'll fix it.
Riku: Ah…! So you're good at sewing too? Thanks.
Tsumugi: No… Banri-san taught me, I'm not that good…
Riku: You think so? You look like you're really good to me.
Tsumugi: Thank you! I'm flattered.
Tsumugi: It's patched up for now. Make sure to show it to the costumer later.
Riku: Sorry, and thanks, Manager!
Riku: But Banri-san really can do anything. He's really cool!
Tsumugi: Yeah… apparently he became good at sewing because his clothes used to rip a lot… or so he said.
Riku: Why would his clothes rip a lot…?
Tsumugi: He had this faraway look in his eyes when he told me…
Riku: Faraway, huh…
[click]
Iori: Nanase-san? Are you here?
Riku: Ah, Iori!
Riku: Manager just fixed the frayed part of my costume.
Iori: Honestly, you… this happened because you don't pay enough attention.
Iori: It's good it only frayed a little this time…
Riku: I know. I'll be careful next time!
Iori: So you say. Try not to let it happen again.
Riku: I said I know! I won't help if it happens to you!
Iori: If by some chance my costume frays, it won't be a problem. I'll ask our manager to fix it.
Riku: Ugh! That's true, but!
Tsumugi: P-please don't fight! It's just too intense with the way you're dressed!
Iori: ...you're right. I'm sorry.
Iori: Then we'll be heading back to the shoot…
Tsumugi: Please try to get along!
Riku: Iori gets annoyed all the time, but I think I get along well!
Iori: All right, let's go…!

Iori: We're back.
Mitsuki: Oh! You're late, Iori. Riku, is your costume okay?
Riku: Yeah! Manager sewed it up. I'll show it to the costumer later.
Tamaki: That's good, Rikkun.
Sougo: Our manager always has a sewing kit with her. She's well-prepared.
Riku: She said Banri-san taught her!
Yamato: He's so high-spec it's harder to find something he can't do…
Nagi: OH, but Banri said he doesn't like bugs.
Riku: Ahaha! That's right!
Iori: But when a bug came into the dorms before, didn't we have our manager come…
Yamato: Ban even drove her there…
Mitsuki: ...we should try to be a little manlier, now that we're wearing these costumes…
Sougo/Riku/Nagi/Iori/Tamaki/Yamato: Yeah…
Story 3 End




[1] NAGI… so okay, what he says is 腹を割いて, which is like. slice open your stomach. what he means is 腹を割って (same kanji, different verb), which is to share their hearts (technically stomach/guts, but, y'know). thus why riku is freaking out looool

[2] HIKARI E TOOOOOO

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for translating the Linked Feelings Rabbit TV Chats *_* only 3 characters have been translated so far (Tenn, Yuki and Tamaki) so I'm really looking forward to the ones you have on your list, please keep up the good work ^.^

    ReplyDelete