Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.05 - Barracks ~Infiltration Start~, Start

Infiltration chapters are from Zephyr's point of view, and Investigation is in Link/Allen's!

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 5: Barracks ~Infiltration Start~, End
raw video link here!


Following Sesque's guidance, we infiltrate the barracks through a back route
Sesque: Okay, there. This entrance is the least heavily watched. It's about time for the guard to change.
Sesque: I hope we don't run into them on accident…
If that's the case--
Zephyr: Wait a bit. I'll use a detection arte. I can at least tell if there's anyone inside.
I spread out my magic and take a look around. Then--
I sense several people.
Zephyr: ...There are people in the hall on the left… four of them… Sesque, do you see them?
Sesque peeks into the hallway. When he does…
Sesque: ...You're right. That's amazing.
Sesque: It looks like they're talking about switching over. Go straight down this hallway so they don't notice us.
We nod and agree.
Just as instructed, we keep a close watch on the guard…
Yuri, Sara, and I all manage to pass by without being noticed.
Zephyr: No problem.
We don't have any trouble with this group.
Sara: Zephyr, just now, you were wondering what would've happened if Kana were with us, right?
Zephyr: Of course. That's why she's not here. --You were thinking it too, Sara. Isn't that why you asked?
Sara: N-not at all.
Yuri: It's nice that you're so relaxed, but don't let your guard down. So, Captain. Is there a jail in these barracks?
Sesque: We don't go so far as to call it a jail, but there is a place where we detain criminals.
Yuri: Has anyone been thrown in there lately? I mean in the last two months.
Sara: ...you mean the person you're looking for.
Sesque: Hmm. I don't really know… if it's for something like brawling, that kind of thing happens every day. A lot of people are brought in and let go for that.
Sesque: If they were arrested… the criminals who are captured are only questioned lightly here and then taken to the prison beneath the palace.
Sesque: --If it's been some time since you've heard from them, they've probably gone there.
Sesque: From there they would be under the supervision of the palace guards, and we city guards don't know much about that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help.
Yuri: ...Nah. Well, I didn't think it would be that easy, given the situation.
Yuri: You've been plenty of help already. Thanks. Well, I'll try looking around.
Zephyr: Hey, Sesque. If there's a jail.
Zephyr: Instead of sneaking around, wouldn't it be easier if you said you caught some criminals and just took us straight in?
I propose my plan, but Sesque shakes his head.
Sesque: I don't want to doubt my comrades… but there's strangeness even among the soldiers.
Sesque: The fortuneteller's influence might already have spread among them. If there's even a hint of doubt, they may go on the alert.
Sesque: So let's just go as we have been.
Zephyr: Oh. Got it.
Yuri: Then let's keep going.
Sesque: Yeah. Follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment