Friday, December 20, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.10 - Barracks ~Collecting Information on the Circle~, End

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 10: Barracks ~Collecting Information on the Magic Circle~, End
raw video link here!


As I listen to the ring of clashing swords nearby, I focus my magic on the magic formula once again.
Dive in deeper… so I can see through the circle's composition…
I let out a deep breath and let the magic flow.
I continue where I left off--
--Once again, a chill runs through me.
The circle finds the magical power it's seeking and interferes with it.
What even is the magical power it's looking for?
It's complicated and hard to understand.
I have to hurry. If they keep fighting while holding back, they'll be overpowered.
--Then. It's a pretty dangerous move, but…
Zephyr: Just gotta do it…!
I move into the center of the circle.
Into the activation site, the collection point. If I do so, it should be easier to follow the flow of magical power.
But in exchange, I'll experience everything they're trying to do here.
It'll be a fight between me and this circle.

I can see the flow of magic that makes up the circle much more clearly than when I was only touching it.
It flows up into my body from the soles of my feet.
What is it it's trying to make use of?
I feel the magic crawling inside my body--
Aiming to interfere with--


This… is…
It's dragged out by the interference--
Zephyr: (The… darkness… inside my heart...)
It enters into my heart, my emotions--
Zephyr: (It's… amplifying… the darkness inside me…)
A bud -- of darkness--
It amplifies that, as if to make it bloom.
It spreads throughout my whole body.
Zephyr: (Ow… owwww…)
My memories -- my indelible wounds -- taint my whole body.
Zephyr: (Stop… it… oww….)
The circle invites me to darkness…
I hear its voice.
Come here, it says.
The twining magic has wrapped around my heart like ivy--
Its voice--
I--
…...
...


--!
Zephyr: Don't fuck with me!!!
The twining magic -- the voice--
I smash through the circle with dispelling magic and drag myself out.
Baaaaaaaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment