Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.08 - Ruins ~The Man-Eating Monster~, End

busier this week than I anticipated ;;

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 8: Ruins ~The Man-Eating Monster~, End
raw video link here!

Man-eating monster?: Soaring Dragon!
The man-eating monster becomes a black hurricane that crashes into the ruinators.
Man-eating monster?: Two more!
One is grabbed by her left arm and vanishes.
But the other ruinator doesn't let the opportunity pass and attacks her.
Man-eating monster?: ...tch!
She readies her blade, but just before the ruinator's attack can connect--
Link/Kana: Haaaaaaaaa!
Kana and my blasts pierce through the ruinator.
Link: ...good, we made it on time.
Man-eating monster?: ...that was unnecessary.
The tough fight is over. We've defeated all the ruinators that had us surrounded.
Silence falls between us in the now-calm hall.
--The man-eating monster that Zephyr and Yuri fought against.
An ominous aura of evil swirls about her left arm, which can only be the work of a demon.
But first.
I take a step forward and face off against her.
Man-eating monster?: ...what?
Even as she scowls at me, I speak.
Link: Thank you for saving Kana.
Man-eating monster?: Huh?
I thought I should express my gratitude for saving my dear friend.
Kana: Thank you very much!
Perhaps feeling the same way, Kana scurries to stand next to me.
Lippy: You -- you two are too incautious! She is emanating evil without even trying to hide it!
Lippy: We ended up fighting together, but there is no guarantee that she will not turn that arm against us!
Man-eating monster?: ...it's just as that small thing says. You should be more cautious.
What Lippy is saying is true enough.
But she did save Kana.
Even though she emits a demonic aura, this woman seems different from the monsters.
It's enough to make me think that Zephyr and Yuri may have been mistaken in what they saw.
Kana may be thinking the same thing.
She's acting and conversing with the woman just as normal.
Kana: But she saved me. We have to thank her properly.
Man-eating monster?: …
Lippy: Mm… that way of thinking is just like you, Lady Kana.
The tension eases a little.
Encouraged by the atmosphere, I ask the woman.
Link: Excuse me. --What brings you here?
It's not the sort of place one wanders into by mistake.
Man-eating monster?: ...it's none of your business.
She answers curtly.
Man-eating monster?: What about you? I don't think this is the kind of place you'd bring a child.
In this situation, it's better to tell her about us first.
Link: I'll start by explaining. So--

And so I tell the woman of the reason we're here.
That we came to this island chasing after the weapons called "Seeds of Ruin."

Man-eating monster?: So the aura of evil here is… a Seed of Ruin… looks like this is the wrong place.
Kana: Wrong place?
At Kana's question, the woman looks surprised for just a moment. Then her face twists in disgust.
She looks as though we've overheard something we shouldn't have.
Kana stares straight into her eyes and waits for her answer.
The woman loses to her innocent gaze. She sighs once and begins to speak.
Man-eating monster?: I heard that this place -- by which I mean this island -- has been strange lately.
Man-eating monster?: I'm looking for someone. I thought there might be a clue to finding them, so I crossed over here to take a look.
Link: Crossed over… but they're driving away foreign boats. How did you do it?
Man-eating monster?: My acquaintance brought me close on his ship. He acted as a decoy against the irritating military ships and I landed here alone in a small boat.
So that was her plan.
Kana: Oh. ...wait, so the pirate ship that's been seen around Clariye lately...
Man-eating monster?: ...might be the people I know. Honestly… I told them to leave if I didn't come back.
For a second, she wears a complicated look, but it soon returns to her normal cold expression.
Man-eating monster?: In any case, I landed on this island and I've been investigating all sorts of suspicious places. That led me here.
Link: ...so when you showed up in town…
Man-eating monster?: I felt something similar from one of the military buildings… the barracks or something like that. But security was too tight, and I couldn't get too far in.
Zephyr and the others are investigating there right now.
Man-eating monster?: If this place isn't related, there's only a slight chance, but just in case… maybe I should take another look…
She considers our information, thinking it over carefully.
Then she seems to decide she has no more reason to talk with us.
Man-eating monster?: We're done here. I'm going.
With that, the woman heads, not toward the entrance, but deeper into the ruins.
Link: …? These ruins are the wrong place, but you've still got something to do here?
Man-eating monster?: There are still those ruinators from the Seeds that you mentioned. They're pretty strong, right?
Man-eating monster?: I'm here already, so I'll devour them and make their power my own.
By devouring, does she mean she'll be fighting?
--In that case, our destination and goals are the same.
Kana seems to think the same thing, because she speaks to the woman.
Kana: How about we go together? We're also here to get rid of the ruinators. It's much safer for us to fight together.
Kana: And I want to repay you for earlier.
Man-eating monster?: ...you'll just get in the way.
Kana: Hmm…. then how about this?
Kana: We'll keep going deeper. You'll go deeper too. We're just going in the same direction. Then that's fine, right?
Man-eating monster?: …
She sighs once, as if dragged into Kana's pace.
Man-eating monster?: ...do what you want.
Kana: Okay! Then it's decided. I'm Kana. What's your name?
Velvet: ...Velvet.
Kana: It's nice to meet you, Velvet! Then go right ahead. We'll be heading in too.
Velvet: ...you're strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment