Friday, December 13, 2019

Tales of Link, main story: 2.3.07 - Ruins ~The Man-Eating Monster~, Start

Tales of Link
Starlight Sinking Into the Blue
Chapter 3: Infiltration and Investigation
Scene 7: Ruins ~The Man-Eating Monster~, Start
raw video link here!


We descend and continue onward, shortly reaching a circular hall.
When we step into the center, there are three hallways to our left and right and another three ahead of us, leading onwards.
Kana: ...there are so many paths. I wonder which we take to reach the ruinators.
Lippy: ...Please wait a moment. I'll investigate.
Lippy gazes at the screen of his SMARTPHON and begins to search.
I exchange a glance with Kana.
Kana nods, and I move away from Lippy.
I go to stand guard at the halls in front of us.
Lippy is defenseless as he feeds magic into the SMARTPHON, so Kana stays next to him, ready to protect him.
Which direction will they come from?
I concentrate on my ability to detect evil.
I'm not as sensitive as the SMARTPHON, nor can I use the arte like Zephyr…
But even so, this perception has helped me over and over.
A chill.
The sense of ruinators spreads throughout my whole body.
Where -- are they--
Where--
--Ping!
Lippy's search finishes--
Lippy: Wha-!? Master Link! Lady Kana!
Lippy's piercing yell echoes through the hall.
Lippy: The ruinators surround us already!
In that moment--
Killing intent emanates from all of the paths leading to the hall.
Roaaaaaar!
Their claws and fangs flashing, countless ruinators attack.
Link: Ugh! --Haaaa!
Kana: Shield of Protection!
Kana and I act at the same time, repelling the ruinators' first wave with walls of magic.
But--
Roaaaaar!
In a flash, the second wave approaches.
Lippy: Guh! --Atomos Volt!
--Guraaaah!?
Lippy lets go of his SMARTPHON, stopping the ruinators with a wide-ranging attack arte.
But--
Roaaaaaaar!
Next is the third wave. There's still more of them!?
Link: (They've caught us totally unawares…!)
If we could adjust our formation, we would be able to handle them.
But faced with these unrelenting attacks, we can't coordinate our actions.
If only I could make an opening! I cast my thoughts around, but…
Kiiiiiiin!
Kana: --ahh!?
Link: Kana!?
Faced with the barrage of attacks, Kana doesn't manage to cast a shield spell in time and instead blocks the ruinator's heavy blow with her sword.
With that much force behind it--
Kana: --!?
Link: No!
--Her stance is broken. If she's attacked now, she'll be hurt badly…!
I use my fastest spell, aiming for the ruinator's raised claw.
The moment I finish chanting--
???: Haaaaaa!
Guwaaaaaah!?
An overpowering sword slash cleaves through the ruinator and sends it flying.
The attacker moves at blazing speed, flying at their target like a black eagle.
A pitch-black cloak gives the impression of wings--
It flips over, revealing the figure beneath it.
The black eagle is a woman.
???: Taking a kid and a pet on a picnic to a place infested with ruinators? Aren't you carefree?
Kana: T-thank... you…
???: ...It's not like I meant to save you. That monster was an eyesore, so I took it out.
So she says, and then she turns toward the monsters, taking up a fighting stance.
With the blade in her right hand and her reddish-black left demon arm--
--!? This person… is the one Zephyr and Yuri fought!
Link: …!? ...the "man-eating monster"!?
Man-eating monster?: I don't think my identity changes what you need to do.
--Roaaaaaar!
I look over when the ruinators give a wild roar.
They appear one after another in the hall, as if enraged that one of them was killed.
Lippy: ...guh…!? There are still this many…!?
She's right. Right now, we first need to figure out what to do about these ruinators.
Link: Lippy! Focus on purifying the ruinators!
Lippy: ...ah! Understood! Lady Kana! Please lend me power!
Kana: Okay! Leave it to me!
We fall into formation again.
Without so much as looking at us, the man-eating monster scowls at the ruinators.
Man-eating monster?: Hmph… I'll devour you, ruinators!
Roaaaaaar!
The ruinators roar threateningly and leap forward as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment